Dogs with waggy tails and appealing eyes to raise cash for Wisbech hospital
- Credit: Archant
DOGS with waggy tails, appealing eyes and in fancy dress are all welcome with their owners to a fun dog show and a lurcher and terrier show at Outwell on Saturday May 18.
The event is organised by the Outwell Friends of Wisbech Hospital, and entries to the show can be made at the village playing field from 11.30am, with the competitions kicking off a hour later.
Secretary of the Friends, Margaret Buck, said: “We hope a lot of people will turn out to support this very worthy cause. Last year the show raised £500 for the hospital.”
The fun and novelty classes include a competition to find the prettiest bitch and most handsome dog, and there are classes for junior handlers and rescue dogs.
There are also 16 lurcher classes and 14 terrier classes. Entry costs £1.50 per class. There will be a variety of stalls on site, and refreshments available.
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact Margaret Buck on 01945 774012.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 7 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile