Dogs with waggy tails and appealing eyes to raise cash for Wisbech hospital
- Credit: Archant
DOGS with waggy tails, appealing eyes and in fancy dress are all welcome with their owners to a fun dog show and a lurcher and terrier show at Outwell on Saturday May 18.
The event is organised by the Outwell Friends of Wisbech Hospital, and entries to the show can be made at the village playing field from 11.30am, with the competitions kicking off a hour later.
Secretary of the Friends, Margaret Buck, said: “We hope a lot of people will turn out to support this very worthy cause. Last year the show raised £500 for the hospital.”
The fun and novelty classes include a competition to find the prettiest bitch and most handsome dog, and there are classes for junior handlers and rescue dogs.
There are also 16 lurcher classes and 14 terrier classes. Entry costs £1.50 per class. There will be a variety of stalls on site, and refreshments available.
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact Margaret Buck on 01945 774012.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s