Dogs with waggy tails and appealing eyes to raise cash for Wisbech hospital
- Credit: Archant
DOGS with waggy tails, appealing eyes and in fancy dress are all welcome with their owners to a fun dog show and a lurcher and terrier show at Outwell on Saturday May 18.
The event is organised by the Outwell Friends of Wisbech Hospital, and entries to the show can be made at the village playing field from 11.30am, with the competitions kicking off a hour later.
Secretary of the Friends, Margaret Buck, said: “We hope a lot of people will turn out to support this very worthy cause. Last year the show raised £500 for the hospital.”
The fun and novelty classes include a competition to find the prettiest bitch and most handsome dog, and there are classes for junior handlers and rescue dogs.
There are also 16 lurcher classes and 14 terrier classes. Entry costs £1.50 per class. There will be a variety of stalls on site, and refreshments available.
For more information contact Margaret Buck on 01945 774012.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 6 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Man who died in St Neots crash is named