Dogs with waggy tails and appealing eyes to raise cash for Wisbech hospital
- Credit: Archant
DOGS with waggy tails, appealing eyes and in fancy dress are all welcome with their owners to a fun dog show and a lurcher and terrier show at Outwell on Saturday May 18.
The event is organised by the Outwell Friends of Wisbech Hospital, and entries to the show can be made at the village playing field from 11.30am, with the competitions kicking off a hour later.
Secretary of the Friends, Margaret Buck, said: “We hope a lot of people will turn out to support this very worthy cause. Last year the show raised £500 for the hospital.”
The fun and novelty classes include a competition to find the prettiest bitch and most handsome dog, and there are classes for junior handlers and rescue dogs.
There are also 16 lurcher classes and 14 terrier classes. Entry costs £1.50 per class. There will be a variety of stalls on site, and refreshments available.
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact Margaret Buck on 01945 774012.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021