Dom Joly to tell all about being at school with Osama Bin Laden at King’s Lynn show
I’M A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here and Trigger Happy TV star Dom Joly will appear in King’s Lynn as part of his 70-date stand-up tour.
The multi-talented star will perform at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange on June 8 during his ‘Welcome to Wherever I Am’ tour. Dom will take his audience on a journey of his life so far - with the help of some highly entertaining holiday snaps.
He will discuss stories from being arrested in Switzerland while dressed as a yeti, to discovering he was at school with Osama Bin Laden and eating from Gillian McKeith’s pants whilst imprisoned in the Australian jungle.
Dom said: “My problem was after Trigger Happy, everyone assumed I’m a comedian but I’ve never done any stand up.
“My big fear in life is public speaking and stand up. Even when I was the best man to someone, and they were like, ‘Oh you’ll be fine’, it was my idea of utter hell.
You may also want to watch:
“I returned from the jungle to find my agent had booked a 70-date stand-up tour and I didn’t know what to do. And then I realised that was the point. I don’t know what to do. My kids don’t even know what I do. They think ‘Dom Joly’ is a job.
“They once asked ‘what is Dom Joly?’ So that’s what the show is - it’s me trying to to work out actually what I do.”
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
• To buy tickets - which cost �19.50 - for the show or for further information call the Corn Exchange’s box office in 01553 764864