Dom Joly to tell all about being at school with Osama Bin Laden at King’s Lynn show
I’M A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here and Trigger Happy TV star Dom Joly will appear in King’s Lynn as part of his 70-date stand-up tour.
The multi-talented star will perform at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange on June 8 during his ‘Welcome to Wherever I Am’ tour. Dom will take his audience on a journey of his life so far - with the help of some highly entertaining holiday snaps.
He will discuss stories from being arrested in Switzerland while dressed as a yeti, to discovering he was at school with Osama Bin Laden and eating from Gillian McKeith’s pants whilst imprisoned in the Australian jungle.
Dom said: “My problem was after Trigger Happy, everyone assumed I’m a comedian but I’ve never done any stand up.
“My big fear in life is public speaking and stand up. Even when I was the best man to someone, and they were like, ‘Oh you’ll be fine’, it was my idea of utter hell.
You may also want to watch:
“I returned from the jungle to find my agent had booked a 70-date stand-up tour and I didn’t know what to do. And then I realised that was the point. I don’t know what to do. My kids don’t even know what I do. They think ‘Dom Joly’ is a job.
“They once asked ‘what is Dom Joly?’ So that’s what the show is - it’s me trying to to work out actually what I do.”
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
• To buy tickets - which cost �19.50 - for the show or for further information call the Corn Exchange’s box office in 01553 764864