Dom Joly to tell all about being at school with Osama Bin Laden at King’s Lynn show
I’M A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here and Trigger Happy TV star Dom Joly will appear in King’s Lynn as part of his 70-date stand-up tour.
The multi-talented star will perform at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange on June 8 during his ‘Welcome to Wherever I Am’ tour. Dom will take his audience on a journey of his life so far - with the help of some highly entertaining holiday snaps.
He will discuss stories from being arrested in Switzerland while dressed as a yeti, to discovering he was at school with Osama Bin Laden and eating from Gillian McKeith’s pants whilst imprisoned in the Australian jungle.
Dom said: “My problem was after Trigger Happy, everyone assumed I’m a comedian but I’ve never done any stand up.
“My big fear in life is public speaking and stand up. Even when I was the best man to someone, and they were like, ‘Oh you’ll be fine’, it was my idea of utter hell.
You may also want to watch:
“I returned from the jungle to find my agent had booked a 70-date stand-up tour and I didn’t know what to do. And then I realised that was the point. I don’t know what to do. My kids don’t even know what I do. They think ‘Dom Joly’ is a job.
“They once asked ‘what is Dom Joly?’ So that’s what the show is - it’s me trying to to work out actually what I do.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
• To buy tickets - which cost �19.50 - for the show or for further information call the Corn Exchange’s box office in 01553 764864