Don’t be a couch potato...get your bag of tates by completing March Spud Run
THE next run in the A1 Series offers a very different and tasty prize for all finishers – a bag of potatoes!
The March Spud Run - organised by March Athletic Club - is only in its third year but is already proving to be a popular race with local runners. The five-mile traffic free course consists of mainly off road surfaces of grass bridleway and river bank.
The nine-race A1 series is supporting Sue Ryder Thorpe Hall Hospice which receives a donation of 25p for every runner taking part in each race.
Sue Ryder fundraiser, Julie Laithwaite, said: “It is very different to be given a bag of potatoes when you complete a race and it is so nice to know the March Spud Run is in its third year.
“We rely on support from the local community to help the vital work here continue and we greatly appreciate all the support we have.”
Cash prizes and vouchers for winners in the different categories will also be available on the day. Pre-raceday registration is �8 for club members and �10 for other runners for the five-mile race. A 1.5-mile run run will also be held.
For more information about the race on Sunday July 3 - which starts at 11am (following the fun run at 10am) at Elm Road Sports Field in March visit www.marchathleticclub.co.uk
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 10 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash