Dragon Boat festival returns to Cambridge next month
- Credit: Archant
DRAGON boats will once again take to the water in Cambridge next month.
The ninth edition of the Cambridge Dragon Boat Festival takes place on the River Cam at Fen Ditton, Cambridge, on Saturday September 7.
More than 40 teams will compete in races in aid of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
As well as races every 10 minutes throughout the day, there will be a host of family activities on the bank including inflatables, face painting, Chinese themed entertainment and a flypast by a Lancaster Bomber of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
To take part you need to raise a team of up to 11 people.
You may also want to watch:
All the dragon boats, qualified helms and racing equipment are provided, each team gets a minimum of three races and no previous experience is necessary.
The closing date for entries on 30th August.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
To enter a team call Gable Events on 01780 470 718 or visit www.dragonboatfestivals.co.uk/cambridge