Dragon Boat festival returns to Cambridge next month
- Credit: Archant
DRAGON boats will once again take to the water in Cambridge next month.
The ninth edition of the Cambridge Dragon Boat Festival takes place on the River Cam at Fen Ditton, Cambridge, on Saturday September 7.
More than 40 teams will compete in races in aid of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
As well as races every 10 minutes throughout the day, there will be a host of family activities on the bank including inflatables, face painting, Chinese themed entertainment and a flypast by a Lancaster Bomber of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
To take part you need to raise a team of up to 11 people.
You may also want to watch:
All the dragon boats, qualified helms and racing equipment are provided, each team gets a minimum of three races and no previous experience is necessary.
The closing date for entries on 30th August.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
To enter a team call Gable Events on 01780 470 718 or visit www.dragonboatfestivals.co.uk/cambridge