Dragon Boat festival returns to Cambridge next month
- Credit: Archant
DRAGON boats will once again take to the water in Cambridge next month.
The ninth edition of the Cambridge Dragon Boat Festival takes place on the River Cam at Fen Ditton, Cambridge, on Saturday September 7.
More than 40 teams will compete in races in aid of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
As well as races every 10 minutes throughout the day, there will be a host of family activities on the bank including inflatables, face painting, Chinese themed entertainment and a flypast by a Lancaster Bomber of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
To take part you need to raise a team of up to 11 people.
All the dragon boats, qualified helms and racing equipment are provided, each team gets a minimum of three races and no previous experience is necessary.
The closing date for entries on 30th August.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
To enter a team call Gable Events on 01780 470 718 or visit www.dragonboatfestivals.co.uk/cambridge