Dragon Boat festival returns to Cambridge next month
- Credit: Archant
DRAGON boats will once again take to the water in Cambridge next month.
The ninth edition of the Cambridge Dragon Boat Festival takes place on the River Cam at Fen Ditton, Cambridge, on Saturday September 7.
More than 40 teams will compete in races in aid of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
As well as races every 10 minutes throughout the day, there will be a host of family activities on the bank including inflatables, face painting, Chinese themed entertainment and a flypast by a Lancaster Bomber of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
To take part you need to raise a team of up to 11 people.
You may also want to watch:
All the dragon boats, qualified helms and racing equipment are provided, each team gets a minimum of three races and no previous experience is necessary.
The closing date for entries on 30th August.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 10 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
To enter a team call Gable Events on 01780 470 718 or visit www.dragonboatfestivals.co.uk/cambridge