Dragon boat festival will raise money for EACH, East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
- Credit: Archant
EAST Cambridgeshire organisations are invited to make a splash at the 9th Cambridge Dragon Boat Festival later this year, when more than 40 crews are expected to take to the water.
Teams representing various companies, clubs and groups will battle it out over a 200m course on the River Cam, trying to knock Isleham Fresh Produce off their pedestal as reigning champions.
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) has joined with Gable Events to launch the 2013 festival which takes place on takes place on Saturday September 7 on the river at Fen Ditton.
The race is one of the largest and most eagerly anticipated team events in the region, and last year the event raised more than £20,000 for EACH.
The dragon boats, qualified helms and all racing equipment are provided, and each crew is guaranteed a minimum of three races. The festival offers a full day of fun on land as well as water with plenty of activities on the riverside, to entertain teams and spectators between races.
You may also want to watch:
Carol Lester, director of festival organisers, Gable Events, said: “The Festival is a great chance for companies and organisations to try something completely different, promote themselves to a large local audience, network with local companies and potential clients and raise money for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
“It is also a fantastic team building opportunity. We expect the Festival to be another sell-out success so we recommend teams get their entries in early to guarantee a place.”
- 1 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 2 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 8 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
For further information and an entry form please visit www.dragonboatfestivals.co.uk/cambridge or call Gable Events on 01780 470 718. To find out more about the services of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices call 01223 205180 or visit www.each.org.uk