Dragon boat festival will raise money for EACH, East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
- Credit: Archant
EAST Cambridgeshire organisations are invited to make a splash at the 9th Cambridge Dragon Boat Festival later this year, when more than 40 crews are expected to take to the water.
Teams representing various companies, clubs and groups will battle it out over a 200m course on the River Cam, trying to knock Isleham Fresh Produce off their pedestal as reigning champions.
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) has joined with Gable Events to launch the 2013 festival which takes place on takes place on Saturday September 7 on the river at Fen Ditton.
The race is one of the largest and most eagerly anticipated team events in the region, and last year the event raised more than £20,000 for EACH.
The dragon boats, qualified helms and all racing equipment are provided, and each crew is guaranteed a minimum of three races. The festival offers a full day of fun on land as well as water with plenty of activities on the riverside, to entertain teams and spectators between races.
You may also want to watch:
Carol Lester, director of festival organisers, Gable Events, said: “The Festival is a great chance for companies and organisations to try something completely different, promote themselves to a large local audience, network with local companies and potential clients and raise money for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
“It is also a fantastic team building opportunity. We expect the Festival to be another sell-out success so we recommend teams get their entries in early to guarantee a place.”
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
For further information and an entry form please visit www.dragonboatfestivals.co.uk/cambridge or call Gable Events on 01780 470 718. To find out more about the services of East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices call 01223 205180 or visit www.each.org.uk