Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra set to open Cambridge Classical Concert series next month
- Credit: Archant
Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra is set to open the 2015/15 Cambridge Classical Concert series next month.
The acclaimed group will perform the opening concert on Thursday October 1 at Cambridge Corn Exchange.
The concert, which begins with the Overture to Wagner’s only comic opera, Meistersinger, will be conducted by Michael Sanderling.
Award-winning piano soloist Peter Donohoe will also perform Schumann’s Piano Concerto and it will be concluded with Brahms’ Symphony No. 4.
There is also a pre-concert talk at nearby Cambridge City Hotel, free of charge to concert ticket holders.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, which are frozen at 2014 levels, range from £28.50 to £38.50 or just £12.50 for students, are available online at www.cornex.co.uk or by tel 01223 357851.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 9 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby