Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra set to open Cambridge Classical Concert series next month
- Credit: Archant
Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra is set to open the 2015/15 Cambridge Classical Concert series next month.
The acclaimed group will perform the opening concert on Thursday October 1 at Cambridge Corn Exchange.
The concert, which begins with the Overture to Wagner’s only comic opera, Meistersinger, will be conducted by Michael Sanderling.
Award-winning piano soloist Peter Donohoe will also perform Schumann’s Piano Concerto and it will be concluded with Brahms’ Symphony No. 4.
There is also a pre-concert talk at nearby Cambridge City Hotel, free of charge to concert ticket holders.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, which are frozen at 2014 levels, range from £28.50 to £38.50 or just £12.50 for students, are available online at www.cornex.co.uk or by tel 01223 357851.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 5 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim