Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra set to open Cambridge Classical Concert series next month
- Credit: Archant
Dresden Philharmonic Orchestra is set to open the 2015/15 Cambridge Classical Concert series next month.
The acclaimed group will perform the opening concert on Thursday October 1 at Cambridge Corn Exchange.
The concert, which begins with the Overture to Wagner’s only comic opera, Meistersinger, will be conducted by Michael Sanderling.
Award-winning piano soloist Peter Donohoe will also perform Schumann’s Piano Concerto and it will be concluded with Brahms’ Symphony No. 4.
There is also a pre-concert talk at nearby Cambridge City Hotel, free of charge to concert ticket holders.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, which are frozen at 2014 levels, range from £28.50 to £38.50 or just £12.50 for students, are available online at www.cornex.co.uk or by tel 01223 357851.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations