Easter fun at the RSPCA site in Block Fen
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A VISIT from the Easter Bunny and an Easter bonnet competition are just two of the highlights at a fund raising Easter family fun weekend at the RSPCA centre at Block Fen.
The event takes place on Easter Sunday, March 31, and Easter Monday, April 1, with visitors welcome between 11am and 4pm to join in a host of seasonal activities.
Children can follow clues for an Easter rabbit hunt, and there are chocolate prizes on offer. The Easter bonnet competition will be judged at 3pm on Monday afternoon.
Peppa Pig and George are expected to visit, and also on offer is a range of craft stalls, along with face painting, games, and a grand raffle.
Terry Cowles from the fund raising committee said: “We hope this will be a great day for all the family, and we would be very grateful if anyone could come along and help us man the stalls.”
Last year, the centre re-homed 243 dogs, a similar number of cats, and almost 100 rabbits.
To offer help at the fun day, call Terry on 01945 480789.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 6 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday