Egg-cited for a family fun day in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Easter comes to the Horsefair shopping centre at Wisbech when a fun day comes to town.
On Wednesday April 16 the centre holds its annual Easter Fun Day with prizes for a free Easter egg hunt and a hard-boiled egg decorating competition, Among other activities will be face painting ,entertainment shows and a fairground ride.
The event will run from 10am until 2pm with Uncle Mick’s magical Punch and Judy show entertaining shoppers at 11am and 1pm.
Alongside many stalls and attractions, children will be able to able to climb Spider Mountain for free.
Young children will be able to take part in a free Easter egg hunt with prizes for every child who can identify all of the eggs hidden in shop windows throughout the Horsefair.
The shopping centre will also be running a decorated hard-boiled egg competition which will be free to enter.
The child who arrives at the centre with the best decorated hard-boiled egg will win a children’s Easter hamper.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 7 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
Speaking about the event, centre manager of the Horsefair, Kevin Smith, commented: “The Easter Fun Day is a great way to bring people together, it’s always very popular.
“We’ve got plenty of activities to entertain children during the school holidays and we’ve got lots of prizes to giveaway in the Easter egg hunt and decorated boiled egg competition.
“It’s such a fantastic day and creates a brilliant atmosphere; I’m really looking forward to it”.
There will also be a whole host of other free attractions including face painting, balloon modelling and a fairground ride. For a small charge children can also pose with Donald Duck and get a photo to take home.