Egg-cited for a family fun day in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Easter comes to the Horsefair shopping centre at Wisbech when a fun day comes to town.
On Wednesday April 16 the centre holds its annual Easter Fun Day with prizes for a free Easter egg hunt and a hard-boiled egg decorating competition, Among other activities will be face painting ,entertainment shows and a fairground ride.
The event will run from 10am until 2pm with Uncle Mick’s magical Punch and Judy show entertaining shoppers at 11am and 1pm.
Alongside many stalls and attractions, children will be able to able to climb Spider Mountain for free.
Young children will be able to take part in a free Easter egg hunt with prizes for every child who can identify all of the eggs hidden in shop windows throughout the Horsefair.
You may also want to watch:
The shopping centre will also be running a decorated hard-boiled egg competition which will be free to enter.
The child who arrives at the centre with the best decorated hard-boiled egg will win a children’s Easter hamper.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Speaking about the event, centre manager of the Horsefair, Kevin Smith, commented: “The Easter Fun Day is a great way to bring people together, it’s always very popular.
“We’ve got plenty of activities to entertain children during the school holidays and we’ve got lots of prizes to giveaway in the Easter egg hunt and decorated boiled egg competition.
“It’s such a fantastic day and creates a brilliant atmosphere; I’m really looking forward to it”.
There will also be a whole host of other free attractions including face painting, balloon modelling and a fairground ride. For a small charge children can also pose with Donald Duck and get a photo to take home.