Eggciting activities at Wicken Fen this Easter
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A HOST of Easter events have been organised at Wicken Fen, with the Easter eggstravaganza for all the family including Easter trails and egg and spoon races.
The eggciting menu includes a Cadbury Easter Trail daily, from Good Friday, March 29, to Easter Monday, April 1. Between 10.15am and 4.30pm, children can collect their Easter trail from the visitor centre and explore the nature reserve searching for hidden clues, and solve the puzzle to claim the prize of a Cadbury chocolate Egghead. The trail costs £1.75 per child, normal admission applies.
The National Trust is running an Egg & Spoon Eggstravaganza on Easter Monday, between 10.30am and 4pm. There’s lots of fun races for all the family, including an obstacle course and three legged race. Take along your favourite racing spoon and the National Trust will supply the eggs. This is a free event, although normal admission rates apply.
Pond dipping and a minibeast hunt take place on Tuesdays April 2 and 9, when children over three years can enjoy a 30 minute pond dipping session searching for creatures from the dark watery depths of Wicken Fen, followed by a minibeast hunt. The timed sessions take place between 10.30am and 3.15pm, with entry costing £2.50.
Springtime arts and crafts are on offer on Wednesday April 3 at 10.30am or 2pm, with fun art and craft activities inspired by nature using materials found on the Fen. This event is suitable for children aged from three to 10 years, and costs £4.75 per child.
Myths and Magic is the name of the activity on Friday April 5 at 10.30am or 2pm when youngsters aged from four to 10 are invited to piece together a map and break the curse of the wicked Fen Witch. Tickets cost £4.75 per child
Children can build dens on Wednesday April 10 and become a wildlife detective on Friday April 12, both events take place at 10.30am or 2pm, with tickets costing £4.75 per child.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 7 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 10 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
To book, call the National Trust Box Office on 0844 249 1895 or go online at http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/wicken-fen/things-to-see-and-do/events