Eggciting activities at Wicken Fen this Easter
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A HOST of Easter events have been organised at Wicken Fen, with the Easter eggstravaganza for all the family including Easter trails and egg and spoon races.
The eggciting menu includes a Cadbury Easter Trail daily, from Good Friday, March 29, to Easter Monday, April 1. Between 10.15am and 4.30pm, children can collect their Easter trail from the visitor centre and explore the nature reserve searching for hidden clues, and solve the puzzle to claim the prize of a Cadbury chocolate Egghead. The trail costs £1.75 per child, normal admission applies.
The National Trust is running an Egg & Spoon Eggstravaganza on Easter Monday, between 10.30am and 4pm. There’s lots of fun races for all the family, including an obstacle course and three legged race. Take along your favourite racing spoon and the National Trust will supply the eggs. This is a free event, although normal admission rates apply.
Pond dipping and a minibeast hunt take place on Tuesdays April 2 and 9, when children over three years can enjoy a 30 minute pond dipping session searching for creatures from the dark watery depths of Wicken Fen, followed by a minibeast hunt. The timed sessions take place between 10.30am and 3.15pm, with entry costing £2.50.
Springtime arts and crafts are on offer on Wednesday April 3 at 10.30am or 2pm, with fun art and craft activities inspired by nature using materials found on the Fen. This event is suitable for children aged from three to 10 years, and costs £4.75 per child.
You may also want to watch:
Myths and Magic is the name of the activity on Friday April 5 at 10.30am or 2pm when youngsters aged from four to 10 are invited to piece together a map and break the curse of the wicked Fen Witch. Tickets cost £4.75 per child
Children can build dens on Wednesday April 10 and become a wildlife detective on Friday April 12, both events take place at 10.30am or 2pm, with tickets costing £4.75 per child.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
To book, call the National Trust Box Office on 0844 249 1895 or go online at http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/wicken-fen/things-to-see-and-do/events