Elgood’s Brewery in Wisbech to host second beer festival
WISBECH brewery Elgood and Sons is hosting its second annual beer festival next weekend.
There will be more than 120 beers and ciders from East Anglian Breweries as well as a wide selection of Elgood’s own award-winning ales at the festival, which starts on Thursday, September 22 and finishes on Saturday, September 24.
Food will be available throughout each day and there will also be live music from Dr Busker next Thursday and Friday and Bewildered on Saturday evening.
The brewery, situated on North Brink, will open for the festival from noon-10.30pm on each day.
The brewery decided to host another beer festival following a successful festival last year.
Elgood’s is an independent family brewery which has stood on the same site for more than 200 years. Now run by the fifth generation of Elgoods, who mashed their first brew here in 1878, it represents an important aspect of Wisbech’s continuing commercial history.
The company supplies traditional ales all over Britain and has exported to Finland and America. It also owns more than 40 pubs within a 60-mile radius of Wisbech.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
Tickets for the beer festival will be available on the door and cost �4.
For further information about the event and brewery contact Lucinda on 01945 583160 or visit www.elgoods-brewery.co.uk