Elgood’s Brewery in Wisbech to host second beer festival
WISBECH brewery Elgood and Sons is hosting its second annual beer festival next weekend.
There will be more than 120 beers and ciders from East Anglian Breweries as well as a wide selection of Elgood’s own award-winning ales at the festival, which starts on Thursday, September 22 and finishes on Saturday, September 24.
Food will be available throughout each day and there will also be live music from Dr Busker next Thursday and Friday and Bewildered on Saturday evening.
The brewery, situated on North Brink, will open for the festival from noon-10.30pm on each day.
The brewery decided to host another beer festival following a successful festival last year.
You may also want to watch:
Elgood’s is an independent family brewery which has stood on the same site for more than 200 years. Now run by the fifth generation of Elgoods, who mashed their first brew here in 1878, it represents an important aspect of Wisbech’s continuing commercial history.
The company supplies traditional ales all over Britain and has exported to Finland and America. It also owns more than 40 pubs within a 60-mile radius of Wisbech.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 6 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 10 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
Tickets for the beer festival will be available on the door and cost �4.
For further information about the event and brewery contact Lucinda on 01945 583160 or visit www.elgoods-brewery.co.uk