Ely drama group urgently seeks young actress to save the day
- Credit: Archant
The City of Ely Amateur Dramatic Society is frantically searching for a young actress to join the cast of this month’s production of When We Are Married, after a young member of the cast had to pull out due to health problems.
“We need someone to save the day,” said producer Patrick Cain. “We need an actress to play the part of the maid, and who looks about 16-years-old.
“This is very urgent, as the play is due to open on October 30. If we don’t find someone, I just don’t know what we will do.”
The classic Yorkshire comedy by J B Priestley will round off the drama group’s year of celebrations to mark its 125th anniversary, and it is due to be performed at the Needham’s Hall at Ely College on four evenings, from October 30 to November 2.
Mr Cain added: “The maid has two quite important scenes in the play. There is not a lot of lines to learn, but it is a crucial part.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cain has already approached other local drama groups and schools in search of a new actress.
“It’s quite difficult, as many people involved in theatre productions are already in other rehearsals,” he added.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 6 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 9 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
Anyone who can help is asked to contact Mr Cain on 01353 659319 or 07966014397.