Ely drama group urgently seeks young actress to save the day
- Credit: Archant
The City of Ely Amateur Dramatic Society is frantically searching for a young actress to join the cast of this month’s production of When We Are Married, after a young member of the cast had to pull out due to health problems.
“We need someone to save the day,” said producer Patrick Cain. “We need an actress to play the part of the maid, and who looks about 16-years-old.
“This is very urgent, as the play is due to open on October 30. If we don’t find someone, I just don’t know what we will do.”
The classic Yorkshire comedy by J B Priestley will round off the drama group’s year of celebrations to mark its 125th anniversary, and it is due to be performed at the Needham’s Hall at Ely College on four evenings, from October 30 to November 2.
Mr Cain added: “The maid has two quite important scenes in the play. There is not a lot of lines to learn, but it is a crucial part.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cain has already approached other local drama groups and schools in search of a new actress.
“It’s quite difficult, as many people involved in theatre productions are already in other rehearsals,” he added.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 5 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
Anyone who can help is asked to contact Mr Cain on 01353 659319 or 07966014397.