Ely drama group urgently seeks young actress to save the day
- Credit: Archant
The City of Ely Amateur Dramatic Society is frantically searching for a young actress to join the cast of this month’s production of When We Are Married, after a young member of the cast had to pull out due to health problems.
“We need someone to save the day,” said producer Patrick Cain. “We need an actress to play the part of the maid, and who looks about 16-years-old.
“This is very urgent, as the play is due to open on October 30. If we don’t find someone, I just don’t know what we will do.”
The classic Yorkshire comedy by J B Priestley will round off the drama group’s year of celebrations to mark its 125th anniversary, and it is due to be performed at the Needham’s Hall at Ely College on four evenings, from October 30 to November 2.
Mr Cain added: “The maid has two quite important scenes in the play. There is not a lot of lines to learn, but it is a crucial part.”
Mr Cain has already approached other local drama groups and schools in search of a new actress.
“It’s quite difficult, as many people involved in theatre productions are already in other rehearsals,” he added.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 9 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 10 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
Anyone who can help is asked to contact Mr Cain on 01353 659319 or 07966014397.