Ely’s Campaign Amateur Theatre prepares to raise the curtain for Cinderella
- Credit: Archant
The curtain goes up on the pantomime Cinderella in Ely on Thursday December 12, as the city’s Campaign Amateur Theatre stages is 20th festive show.
The show runs for three days, and the Mayor of Ely, Councillor Griffin-Singh, will be the guest at Saturday evening’s performance at Ely College.
With direction from Becky Green and musical direction from Maria McElroy, this year’s rags to riches show, written by Richard Gauntlett, provides a vibrant mix of traditional fairytale and popular culture.
With colourful costumes, toe-tapping tunes and the obligatory slapstick humour, CAT’s production of Cinderella will kick-start the Christmas season with a bang.
Cinderella is played by Shelley Martin, Buttons by Nadia Saif, James Crussell is the prince, and Dandini is Anastasia Barnes. Since CAT was formed, it has raised thousands of pounds for local charities, performing a total of 86 shows, ranging from Oliver in 1969 to the most recent musical Hot Mikado.
You may also want to watch:
The first panto was Aladdin in 1985 and this was repeated in January this year with sell-out performances. This is the third time CAT has performed Cinderella.
There are evening shows on December 12, 13 and 14, along with a 2.30pm matinee on December 14.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 8 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
Tickets cost £8 for adults, and £5 for under 16s, available from Burrows Bookshop, Ely. 01353 669759 or online at www.cately.ticketsource.co.uk