Ely singer eyes Christmas number one
THIS year’s battle for the all-important Christmas number one single is set to be fiercer than ever and Ely man Peter Bebbington is right at the heart of it.
Peter, a choir of dozens of volunteers and singer Alistair Griffin have teamed up for charity single I Wish For You The World and it is being hotly tipped to run the annual X Factor single close.
Peter, of Lynn Road, was one of thousands of Gamesmakers who helped out at the London Olympics and got involved with a special choir of Gamesmakers that was set up by the Olympic Organising Committee.
The choir met up with singer Alistair Griffin in October and agreed to begin rehearsing for a Christmas single, which was giving its first airing on BBC Radio One last week.
Peter, who has been a member of Ely Choral Society for 10 years, said: “They took all our details at the Olympics and contacted us later on to see if we wanted to get involved. I jumped at the chance.
You may also want to watch:
“There is certainly a lot of good competition for the Christmas number one, including the Paralympic Orchestra and the general feeling is that if we don’t get it, we would like them to. We would all be very happy to beat the X Factor!”
The single even has the backing of London mayor Boris Johnson and the music video can be found on YouTube.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 10 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park