English Touring Theatre and Theatre Royal Brighton Productions bring Arcadia to Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Photo by Mark Douet
English Touring Theatre returns to Cambridge Arts Theatre next week to perform Tom Stoppard’s masterpiece, Arcadia.
In a stately home in 19th Century rural Derbyshire, secret desires and professional rivalries take hold of the residents of Sidley Park.
Thomasina, a talented pupil, makes a startling discovery well ahead of her time, whilst in the present day academics Hannah and Bernard attempt to piece together the fragments of truth that tell her story.
Olivier Award-winning Arcadia explores the delicate relationship between past and present, blending history with actuality as the focus drifts from 1809 to now, and back again.
Directed by Blanche McIntyre, the production is a collaboration between English Touring Theatre and Theatre Royal Brighton Productions.
You may also want to watch:
Making her professional stage debut is Dakota Blue Richards, most known for her roles in films Chicklit, The Fold and The Golden Compass, and television series Lightfields, Skins and Dustbin Baby.
• Arcadia is at Cambridge Arts Theatre from March 30-April 4. Shows are at 7.45pm each day, with a 2.30pm matinee on April 2 and April 4.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
Tickets cost from £15-£30. To purchase, contact the box office on 01223 503333.