English Touring Theatre and Theatre Royal Brighton Productions bring Arcadia to Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Photo by Mark Douet
English Touring Theatre returns to Cambridge Arts Theatre next week to perform Tom Stoppard’s masterpiece, Arcadia.
In a stately home in 19th Century rural Derbyshire, secret desires and professional rivalries take hold of the residents of Sidley Park.
Thomasina, a talented pupil, makes a startling discovery well ahead of her time, whilst in the present day academics Hannah and Bernard attempt to piece together the fragments of truth that tell her story.
Olivier Award-winning Arcadia explores the delicate relationship between past and present, blending history with actuality as the focus drifts from 1809 to now, and back again.
Directed by Blanche McIntyre, the production is a collaboration between English Touring Theatre and Theatre Royal Brighton Productions.
You may also want to watch:
Making her professional stage debut is Dakota Blue Richards, most known for her roles in films Chicklit, The Fold and The Golden Compass, and television series Lightfields, Skins and Dustbin Baby.
• Arcadia is at Cambridge Arts Theatre from March 30-April 4. Shows are at 7.45pm each day, with a 2.30pm matinee on April 2 and April 4.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
Tickets cost from £15-£30. To purchase, contact the box office on 01223 503333.