Enjoy a family day out at Wimpole Home Farm
- Credit: Archant
Enjoy a day out with the family to see animals, crafts and enjoy food at the Cambridgeshire County Show at Wimpole Home Farm, near Royston.
The day takes place on Sunday May 31 from 10-5 and this year celebrates its 16th anniversary.
The Show is a fantastic day out for the whole family and has evolved from a traditional annual Young Farmers Rally to become one of the most successful one-day agricultural events in the county.
Each year the organising committee aims to create a traditional country event which promotes British food and farming, provides visitors with an insight into countryside crafts and creates an arena for Young Farmers to demonstrate their skills in a variety of competitions and activities.
Throughout the day, visitors can enjoy a range of main ring displays including sheepdogs and falconry and the return of the Welsh Axemen.
You may also want to watch:
The ever popular sheep show will also be performing throughout the day in the livestock area where visitors will be able to see a variety of livestock, including rare breeds.
Country crafts like thatching, fencing and stick making will also be on display.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 9 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 10 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
A large variety of trade stands will include everything from agricultural machinery to country clothing and garden plants to chicken coops.
The craft marquee will host a wonderful array of gifts for all ages, including jewellery, handmade toys and works produced by local artists.
The food hall will showcase local produce, from sausages to strawberries, and there will be a number of caterers providing an excellent variety of food to enjoy.
A traditional fairground, Punch & Judy and mini landrovers will provide additional entertainment for younger visitors.
The Show is at Wimpole Home Farm and is signposted from both major and local routes. There will be a local road closure in operation on the day and visitors are asked to follow the direction signs to the showground to ensure smooth traffic flow and to take advantage of the free car parking available, avoiding disruption to local residents.
Dogs on leads are also welcome to visit. For more details visit www.cambscountyshow.co.uk.
Admission is £9 for adults, OAP’s/Under 16’s £5 and family ticket for two adults and two children £25.