Enjoy a floral fiesta in Upwell
- Credit: Archant
A floral filled church with music and celebration takes place at St Peter’s Church in Upwell.
Organisers are busy preparing for their annual Patronal Festival this week, a long history of flower festivals.
St Peters will be decorated by local organisations and friends.
The theme this year is songs and music and organisations taking part will be Beavers, Upwell School, Upwell Hall Upwell Playing Field Committee, St Peters Coffee Morning Group, Welle WI, Acorn Club and many friends.
The festivities start Friday evening with a concert in St Peter’s, songs and music provided by G and S Choir and ukele band Teddy’s Boys.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from local butchers J D Spikings, St Peter’s Road and Tweeds in Town Street.
They cost £8 including light refreshments.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
Saturday morning there will be a coffee morning at 10am with bric-a-brac, books, plants, cakes, bottle tombola and raffle tickets.
It finishes on Sunday evening with a Songs of Praise starting at 6pm.