Enjoy a floral fiesta in Upwell
- Credit: Archant
A floral filled church with music and celebration takes place at St Peter’s Church in Upwell.
Organisers are busy preparing for their annual Patronal Festival this week, a long history of flower festivals.
St Peters will be decorated by local organisations and friends.
The theme this year is songs and music and organisations taking part will be Beavers, Upwell School, Upwell Hall Upwell Playing Field Committee, St Peters Coffee Morning Group, Welle WI, Acorn Club and many friends.
The festivities start Friday evening with a concert in St Peter’s, songs and music provided by G and S Choir and ukele band Teddy’s Boys.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from local butchers J D Spikings, St Peter’s Road and Tweeds in Town Street.
They cost £8 including light refreshments.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 6 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 7 ‘Boris should try to fill in the forms if he thinks they’re so simple’
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
Saturday morning there will be a coffee morning at 10am with bric-a-brac, books, plants, cakes, bottle tombola and raffle tickets.
It finishes on Sunday evening with a Songs of Praise starting at 6pm.