Enjoy a floral fiesta in Upwell
- Credit: Archant
A floral filled church with music and celebration takes place at St Peter’s Church in Upwell.
Organisers are busy preparing for their annual Patronal Festival this week, a long history of flower festivals.
St Peters will be decorated by local organisations and friends.
The theme this year is songs and music and organisations taking part will be Beavers, Upwell School, Upwell Hall Upwell Playing Field Committee, St Peters Coffee Morning Group, Welle WI, Acorn Club and many friends.
The festivities start Friday evening with a concert in St Peter’s, songs and music provided by G and S Choir and ukele band Teddy’s Boys.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from local butchers J D Spikings, St Peter’s Road and Tweeds in Town Street.
They cost £8 including light refreshments.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
Saturday morning there will be a coffee morning at 10am with bric-a-brac, books, plants, cakes, bottle tombola and raffle tickets.
It finishes on Sunday evening with a Songs of Praise starting at 6pm.