Enjoy a meditation retreat with teacher Sue Leeks at March Podiatry Practice
- Credit: Archant
Drolma Buddhist Centre will host a meditation retreat event titled Meditation and the Art of Happiness next weekend.
Led by school teacher Sue Leeks, who has been teaching and practising meditation for 17 years, will visit March Podiatry Practice, High Street, on Saturday 10.
“Meditation makes you happy: on this retreat course we will explore how this works,” say organisers.
“The purpose of meditation is to make our mind peaceful and calm. If our mind is peaceful we shall be free from worries and mental discomfort, and we shall experience true happiness.
“There are two one-hour sessions with a coffee break and an opportunity to chat and ask questions.”
You may also want to watch:
Admission to the event, which will run from 10.30am till 1pm, costs £15 per person..
For more information contact Sue Gunn, education programme co-ordinator, on 01733 755444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.drolmacentre.org.uk or www.meditateinpeterborough.org.uk
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 7 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road