Enjoy the spectacle of wildlife at WWT Welney this half-term
- Credit: Archant
This half term visit the WWT Welney Wetland Centre to enjoy watching thousands of migratory swans and ducks and to learn about the amazing journeys they make to winter in the UK.
Be captivated by the spectacular floodlit feed at 6.30pm, as hundreds of swans gather in front of the centrally heated observatory.
Learn about wetland habitats from the warden talk, why they are so important for our feathered visitors and for humans. Then watch as the warden feeds the swans that have come in to roost.
During a daytime visit, WWT Welney’s famous swan feeds take place at 12noon and 3.30pm daily. Look out for the charismatic ducks that join the swans at the feeds like the flashy, red and silver pochard and the smart, black and white tufted duck.
The visitor centre is fully equipped to make a fun day out in the Fens complete, admire the wetland landscape from the wigeon cafe as you enjoy warming winter treats and get some brilliant offers on bird care and eco-friendly products in the gift shop.
You may also want to watch:
For further information, visit the website www.wwt.org.uk/welney or call the centre on 01353 860711.
For snippets of regular information follow WWT on twitter @WWTWelney, on Facebook or sign up to its monthly e-newsletter by visiting the website.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 10 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000