Enjoy the spectacle of wildlife at WWT Welney this half-term
- Credit: Archant
This half term visit the WWT Welney Wetland Centre to enjoy watching thousands of migratory swans and ducks and to learn about the amazing journeys they make to winter in the UK.
Be captivated by the spectacular floodlit feed at 6.30pm, as hundreds of swans gather in front of the centrally heated observatory.
Learn about wetland habitats from the warden talk, why they are so important for our feathered visitors and for humans. Then watch as the warden feeds the swans that have come in to roost.
During a daytime visit, WWT Welney’s famous swan feeds take place at 12noon and 3.30pm daily. Look out for the charismatic ducks that join the swans at the feeds like the flashy, red and silver pochard and the smart, black and white tufted duck.
The visitor centre is fully equipped to make a fun day out in the Fens complete, admire the wetland landscape from the wigeon cafe as you enjoy warming winter treats and get some brilliant offers on bird care and eco-friendly products in the gift shop.
You may also want to watch:
For further information, visit the website www.wwt.org.uk/welney or call the centre on 01353 860711.
For snippets of regular information follow WWT on twitter @WWTWelney, on Facebook or sign up to its monthly e-newsletter by visiting the website.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 9 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail