European Philharmonic Orchestra comes to Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
The European Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra is coming to Chatteris as its first date of a tour across Britain.
The programme includes music by Vivaldi, Albinoni, Bach, Wolf and Mozart.
Included in the musical line up are two soloists Michel Gershwin on violin and Kirill Gusarov on trumpet.
Pieces being played include Vivaldi’s Concerto di Parigi in G Minor, Bach’s Concert for Violin and Orchestra in A Minor and Mozart’s Divertimento F.
The event is being staged by Chatteris Music Society on Friday March 21 at 7.30pm in The Church of St Peter and St Paul, Chatteris.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are adults £12.50 (prebooked) from 01354 669104 / 692009 or Elizabeth’s Florist, High Street, Chatteris.
They cost £15 at the door, under 16 free.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
The Chamber Philharmonic Europe was founded 2006 in Cologne in Germany and engages talented young musicians from 18 European nations.
The event is being hosted by the Chatteris Music Society which has been running as a non profit making group for 26 years and presents a variety of stunning musical events including jazz, opera, military bands, ‘come and sing’, wind ensembles, choral works and recitals.