European Philharmonic Orchestra comes to Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
The European Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra is coming to Chatteris as its first date of a tour across Britain.
The programme includes music by Vivaldi, Albinoni, Bach, Wolf and Mozart.
Included in the musical line up are two soloists Michel Gershwin on violin and Kirill Gusarov on trumpet.
Pieces being played include Vivaldi’s Concerto di Parigi in G Minor, Bach’s Concert for Violin and Orchestra in A Minor and Mozart’s Divertimento F.
The event is being staged by Chatteris Music Society on Friday March 21 at 7.30pm in The Church of St Peter and St Paul, Chatteris.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are adults £12.50 (prebooked) from 01354 669104 / 692009 or Elizabeth’s Florist, High Street, Chatteris.
They cost £15 at the door, under 16 free.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
The Chamber Philharmonic Europe was founded 2006 in Cologne in Germany and engages talented young musicians from 18 European nations.
The event is being hosted by the Chatteris Music Society which has been running as a non profit making group for 26 years and presents a variety of stunning musical events including jazz, opera, military bands, ‘come and sing’, wind ensembles, choral works and recitals.