European Philharmonic Orchestra comes to Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
The European Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra is coming to Chatteris as its first date of a tour across Britain.
The programme includes music by Vivaldi, Albinoni, Bach, Wolf and Mozart.
Included in the musical line up are two soloists Michel Gershwin on violin and Kirill Gusarov on trumpet.
Pieces being played include Vivaldi’s Concerto di Parigi in G Minor, Bach’s Concert for Violin and Orchestra in A Minor and Mozart’s Divertimento F.
The event is being staged by Chatteris Music Society on Friday March 21 at 7.30pm in The Church of St Peter and St Paul, Chatteris.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are adults £12.50 (prebooked) from 01354 669104 / 692009 or Elizabeth’s Florist, High Street, Chatteris.
They cost £15 at the door, under 16 free.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 6 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
The Chamber Philharmonic Europe was founded 2006 in Cologne in Germany and engages talented young musicians from 18 European nations.
The event is being hosted by the Chatteris Music Society which has been running as a non profit making group for 26 years and presents a variety of stunning musical events including jazz, opera, military bands, ‘come and sing’, wind ensembles, choral works and recitals.