Everything coming up roses at Peckover
- Credit: Archant
Blooms will be in abundance at Peckover House ready to welcome visitors to this year’s rose Fair.
The National Trust’s garden will be blossoming with fragrant roses which epitomise an English summer’s day.
Madame Isaac Pereire and Blush Noisette are among the varieties awaiting visitors to this year’s fair.
“With the garden at its summer-time best and gardeners on hand to answer any questions visitors may have, there can hardly be a more harmonious way to spend a summer’s afternoon,” said Gardener in Charge, Allison Napier.
Wisbech Rose Fair will be celebrated at Peckover House from Wednesday July 2 to Saturday July 5 from 11am to last admission at 4.30pm. Proceeds from Thursday 3 will be donated to the National Garden Scheme.
You may also want to watch:
There will be no extra charge for this event. For further details call 01945 583463 or visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/peckover.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 6 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 7 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road