Ex Brink singer prepares for his first performance with new acoustic duo
MATT Strafford, former lead singer of the Wisbech based band The Brink, is set for his first gig since quitting.
Matt has joined forces with Ryan Buxton to form an acoustic duo playing songs from the 40’s to now.
They will be covering songs from artists such as Frank Sinatra, Michael Bubl�, Stevie Wonder, Cee Lo Green and many more.
Their first performance will be at Bar Red, Kings Lynn on April 21: details can be found on www.facebook.com/mattandryan and to see other live dates.
Matt quit The Brink, after helping to form the band three years earlier, and said it had not been an easy decision to make.
You may also want to watch:
“However I feel that it’s the right decision for me and my future,” he said. “I want to thank all the fans who have enjoyed and supported this epic journey that we have been on, and I will never forget my time in the band.
“You have all been amazing and I will miss you.”
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 5 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 6 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
The Brink once got through to the second leg of ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent with their act which they described as a mix of Aerosmith and Bon Jovi but they wowed judges with the song they wrote themselves Can I Find You.
Matt first met up with Brink members Alex Bittles and Gary Connor during a two year spell at Peterborough Regional College in 2003.