Ex Brink singer prepares for his first performance with new acoustic duo
MATT Strafford, former lead singer of the Wisbech based band The Brink, is set for his first gig since quitting.
Matt has joined forces with Ryan Buxton to form an acoustic duo playing songs from the 40’s to now.
They will be covering songs from artists such as Frank Sinatra, Michael Bubl�, Stevie Wonder, Cee Lo Green and many more.
Their first performance will be at Bar Red, Kings Lynn on April 21: details can be found on www.facebook.com/mattandryan and to see other live dates.
Matt quit The Brink, after helping to form the band three years earlier, and said it had not been an easy decision to make.
You may also want to watch:
“However I feel that it’s the right decision for me and my future,” he said. “I want to thank all the fans who have enjoyed and supported this epic journey that we have been on, and I will never forget my time in the band.
“You have all been amazing and I will miss you.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
The Brink once got through to the second leg of ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent with their act which they described as a mix of Aerosmith and Bon Jovi but they wowed judges with the song they wrote themselves Can I Find You.
Matt first met up with Brink members Alex Bittles and Gary Connor during a two year spell at Peterborough Regional College in 2003.