Ex Brink singer prepares for his first performance with new acoustic duo
MATT Strafford, former lead singer of the Wisbech based band The Brink, is set for his first gig since quitting.
Matt has joined forces with Ryan Buxton to form an acoustic duo playing songs from the 40’s to now.
They will be covering songs from artists such as Frank Sinatra, Michael Bubl�, Stevie Wonder, Cee Lo Green and many more.
Their first performance will be at Bar Red, Kings Lynn on April 21: details can be found on www.facebook.com/mattandryan and to see other live dates.
Matt quit The Brink, after helping to form the band three years earlier, and said it had not been an easy decision to make.
“However I feel that it’s the right decision for me and my future,” he said. “I want to thank all the fans who have enjoyed and supported this epic journey that we have been on, and I will never forget my time in the band.
“You have all been amazing and I will miss you.”
- 1 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
The Brink once got through to the second leg of ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent with their act which they described as a mix of Aerosmith and Bon Jovi but they wowed judges with the song they wrote themselves Can I Find You.
Matt first met up with Brink members Alex Bittles and Gary Connor during a two year spell at Peterborough Regional College in 2003.