Rare Banksy pieces and ancient dinosaur skull on show at gallery
- Credit: EXTRAORDINARY OBJECTS CAMBRIDGE
A rare collection of pieces art made by Banksy are now on display at a new gallery in Cambridge.
Extraordinary Objects, which features sculptures, antiquities and natural history objects, has opened in Green Street.
From a 68-million-year-old dinosaur skull, to Banksy sculptures, the collection 'celebrates curiosity and adventure, displaying modern masterpieces alongside rare fossils and minerals'.
Extraordinary Objects was founded by artist Carla Nizzola, who has over a decade's experience in the art world.
The gallery was born out of Carla's life-long passion for collecting art, natural history, antiques and curiosities.
She said: "The gallery is, in essence, an extension of my own personal collection.
"Watching people being blown away when they first see a piece in the collection is, for me, the best feeling.
"whether it’s a 4.5-billion-year-old meteorite, or one of Banksy’s latest works that catches their attention.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash