Farewell, Secret Garden Party: Cambridgeshire’s biggest festival releases packed full line-up
- Credit: Samantha Milligan
The Secret Garden Party has announced its full, jam-packed line-up as it prepares to bid a final farewell to the festival circuit.
The four-day shindig will welcome thousands of revellers to Abbots Ripton for the final time from July 20 to July 23 and has loaded its last line-up with a host of live music and DJ sets – including headliners Metronomy, Crystal Fighters, Toots and the Maytals and Jagwar Ma, Akala, Nero, Jackmaster and Skream across 15 stages.
The event, described as ‘one giant party’ by leader ‘the Head Gardener,’ also promises to fling ticket-holders into the world of celebrity and fame with its ‘Sweet Dreams’ theme.
Seeing if ‘there’ is all it’s cracked up to be, the final instalment will give party-goers a taste of what its like to have everyone know your name, ‘like’ and follow you online, and where those sweet dreams are made by you.
As ever, the devil is in the detail, and SGP promises to deliver one of the most idiosyncratic and original parties on the planet to celebrate this final send-off.
You may also want to watch:
Freddie Fellowes, founder of Cambridgeshire’s favourite festival, said: “Much has changed since our first Garden Party, when there was nothing else like it in the UK: Facebook, YouTube and Twitter had yet to be invented and no one knew what a boutique festival was, let alone ‘glamping’.
“Since then the Garden Party has defined and redefined outdoor events in the UK; we have done so as a collective of truly independent outsiders.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
“We have never compromised our principles and we never will. SGP has always been a beacon of what you can do within those terms and, as imitation (being the sincerest form of flattery) proves, it has set the bar for everyone else going forward.
“But it is exactly because of those principles, and the love of those who have made the Garden Party what it is, that we are committing this senseless act of beauty.
“What better way to honour the love that has been given to this project and wholly demonstrate this principle than finishing now?”
A handful of tickets are still available and can be bought by visiting http://www.theticketsellers.co.uk/tickets/secret-garden-party-2017/10041476.