From Cheap Flights to the NSFW Christmas song… Fascinating Aïda are on tour this winter
- Credit: Supplied/Johnny Boylan
You may have heard their slightly ‘off piste’ Christmas song and now you can see Fascinating Aïda on stage this winter season.
The cabaret group, made up of Dillie Keane, Adele Anderson and Liza Pulman are coming to the Southbank Centre's Queen Elizabeth Hall for a four-week stint.
Dillie founded Fascinating Aïda in 1983 and was joined by key writing partner Adèle in 84, since then the group has played in hundreds of theatres around the world.
One organiser said: "Their brand new show will feature a selection of old favourites, songs you haven't heard before and some you wish you'd never heard in the first place.
"There may not be any Dogging, there may be an updated version of their BREXIT song and it's likely that Cheap Flights will be truncated due to new immigration controls.
"But the songs are mostly topical and the glamour remains unstoppable.
"With three Olivier Award nominations and over 25 million YouTube and Facebook hits for Cheap Flights and their incredibly rude Christmas song how can you possibly miss them?"
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 7 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 10 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
They have made numerous television appearances and radio recordings, released seven CDs, three DVDs, two videos, an autobiography and a songbook.
The group has also been nominated for several awards - Perrier (once), Olivier (3 nominations) and New York Drama desk (3 nominations).
In 2013 they won Best Musical Act in the London Cabaret Awards.
The tour begins on Tuesday, December 10 and runs until Sunday, January 5. Performances are at 7.30pm with Sunday shows at 3.30pm.
Ticket prices start from £22 and can be purchased via: www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whats-on/137574-fascinating-aida-201920