From Cheap Flights to the NSFW Christmas song… Fascinating Aïda are on tour this winter
- Credit: Supplied/Johnny Boylan
You may have heard their slightly ‘off piste’ Christmas song and now you can see Fascinating Aïda on stage this winter season.
The cabaret group, made up of Dillie Keane, Adele Anderson and Liza Pulman are coming to the Southbank Centre's Queen Elizabeth Hall for a four-week stint.
Dillie founded Fascinating Aïda in 1983 and was joined by key writing partner Adèle in 84, since then the group has played in hundreds of theatres around the world.
One organiser said: "Their brand new show will feature a selection of old favourites, songs you haven't heard before and some you wish you'd never heard in the first place.
"There may not be any Dogging, there may be an updated version of their BREXIT song and it's likely that Cheap Flights will be truncated due to new immigration controls.
You may also want to watch:
"But the songs are mostly topical and the glamour remains unstoppable.
"With three Olivier Award nominations and over 25 million YouTube and Facebook hits for Cheap Flights and their incredibly rude Christmas song how can you possibly miss them?"
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 8 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 9 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 10 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
They have made numerous television appearances and radio recordings, released seven CDs, three DVDs, two videos, an autobiography and a songbook.
The group has also been nominated for several awards - Perrier (once), Olivier (3 nominations) and New York Drama desk (3 nominations).
In 2013 they won Best Musical Act in the London Cabaret Awards.
The tour begins on Tuesday, December 10 and runs until Sunday, January 5. Performances are at 7.30pm with Sunday shows at 3.30pm.
Ticket prices start from £22 and can be purchased via: www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whats-on/137574-fascinating-aida-201920