Fen band Phoenix Calling to perform five concerts in Cambs and west Norfolk ahead of new album release
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland alternative rock band holds five concerts in the area next month as part of its new album tour.
Phoenix Calling signed up to The Fort record label, part of Crescendo Music Services, last October and releases its new album Forget Your Ghosts on April 27.
To promote the new album, the band will play concerts in Cambridge, Peterborough, King’s Lynn and Downham Market as part of an 11-date tour.
Phoenix Calling, who have been together since 2013, are made up of Chatteris pair Dom Greenwood
(guitar/backing vocals) and Steve Chapman (lead vocals), Martyn Hilliam (lead guitarist) of Whittlesey, Jason Howard (bass) of Ramsey and Matt Cope (drummer) of St Neots.
You may also want to watch:
The first single from the new album, called Everybody Knows, has enjoyed airtime on more than 80 regional and national stations. The second single, Wasted Life, is released at the end of this month and is also gaining rave reviews.
The band will also be featured in the next edition of Rock Sound magazine.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
Dom said “We have had a massive step up since we joined The Fort label, playing some amazing venues and getting unbelievable airplay and press.
“Our Forget Your Ghosts album launch tour kicked off last week with a sellout crowd at the O2 Academy in Birmingham, which was amazing.
“To hear that people have bought tickets for a number of the shows is so humbling and we really appreciate the support.”
Local dates on Phoenix Calling’s latest tour include:
• April 1 – Portland Arms, Cambridge
• April 10 – The Met Lounge, Peterborough
• April 17 – Maltings Q Club, King’s Lynn
• April 18 – LEWKS Record Store, Downham Market (supporting Record Store Day)
• April 25 – Rathskellar, King’s Lynn
More details about the tour can be found on the band’s website, www.phoenixcalling.com