Fenland artist set for first solo exhibition at March Town Hall
A FENLAND artist will display her first solo exhibition at March Town Hall next month.
Marian Savill, from March, will exhibit the artwork as part of her residency with the Fenland Arts Association. The professional mixed media artist has already displayed her works in New York and London in the past year.
She has also been shortlisted for the Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition.
Ms Savill said: “I am thrilled to be having my first local solo exhibition.
“It’s a great opportunity for me to show a wide variety of my work and I hope visitors will find it a unique enjoyable experience.”
‘Beyond Convention’ will display the talented artist’s work which mainly consists of used materials and found objects to create assemblage pieces and jewellery.
Her work is often described as quirky and lighthearted but also raw and passionate. A new interactive installation entitled ‘The Journaler’s Retreat’ will also be on display as will an insight into her working practice.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 6 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
The exhibition will be held in the Skoulding Suite of the town hall on Saturday May 14 and Sunday May 14 from 10am-4pm on both days.
To see more of Marian’s work visit: www.mariansavill.com