Fenland artist set for first solo exhibition at March Town Hall
A FENLAND artist will display her first solo exhibition at March Town Hall next month.
Marian Savill, from March, will exhibit the artwork as part of her residency with the Fenland Arts Association. The professional mixed media artist has already displayed her works in New York and London in the past year.
She has also been shortlisted for the Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition.
Ms Savill said: “I am thrilled to be having my first local solo exhibition.
“It’s a great opportunity for me to show a wide variety of my work and I hope visitors will find it a unique enjoyable experience.”
You may also want to watch:
‘Beyond Convention’ will display the talented artist’s work which mainly consists of used materials and found objects to create assemblage pieces and jewellery.
Her work is often described as quirky and lighthearted but also raw and passionate. A new interactive installation entitled ‘The Journaler’s Retreat’ will also be on display as will an insight into her working practice.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
The exhibition will be held in the Skoulding Suite of the town hall on Saturday May 14 and Sunday May 14 from 10am-4pm on both days.
To see more of Marian’s work visit: www.mariansavill.com