Fenland artist set for first solo exhibition at March Town Hall
A FENLAND artist will display her first solo exhibition at March Town Hall next month.
Marian Savill, from March, will exhibit the artwork as part of her residency with the Fenland Arts Association. The professional mixed media artist has already displayed her works in New York and London in the past year.
She has also been shortlisted for the Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition.
Ms Savill said: “I am thrilled to be having my first local solo exhibition.
“It’s a great opportunity for me to show a wide variety of my work and I hope visitors will find it a unique enjoyable experience.”
You may also want to watch:
‘Beyond Convention’ will display the talented artist’s work which mainly consists of used materials and found objects to create assemblage pieces and jewellery.
Her work is often described as quirky and lighthearted but also raw and passionate. A new interactive installation entitled ‘The Journaler’s Retreat’ will also be on display as will an insight into her working practice.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
The exhibition will be held in the Skoulding Suite of the town hall on Saturday May 14 and Sunday May 14 from 10am-4pm on both days.
To see more of Marian’s work visit: www.mariansavill.com