Fenland artists to stage unique art fair at Chatteris studio
TWO Fenland artists hold a unique arts and crafts event in Chatteris on Saturday December 3 which they hope will become a monthly event next year.
The unusual aspect of Richard Savage and Marian Savill’s event is that artists and makers will sell their work from suitcases.
Mr Savage, who runs Savage Studios in Chatteris where the event will be held, said: “We wanted to organise an event which is different from the more traditional arts and crafts fairs and came up with the idea of selling work from suitcases.
“It sounds a little off the wall but we hope it will attract lots of visitors to see what it’s all about.”
Ms Savill, from Guyhirn, said: “it’s a great opportunity for artists to display and sell their work in a new, inventive way.”
You may also want to watch:
The event is open from 11am-3pm. Paintings and prints, jewellery, greeting cards, bags, textiles, Christmas items, incense and herbal soaps will all be available.
To book a space, contact Mr Savage on 01354 696421 or Ms Savill on 01945 450565.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 3 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 7 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 8 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash