Fenland artists to stage unique art fair at Chatteris studio
TWO Fenland artists hold a unique arts and crafts event in Chatteris on Saturday December 3 which they hope will become a monthly event next year.
The unusual aspect of Richard Savage and Marian Savill’s event is that artists and makers will sell their work from suitcases.
Mr Savage, who runs Savage Studios in Chatteris where the event will be held, said: “We wanted to organise an event which is different from the more traditional arts and crafts fairs and came up with the idea of selling work from suitcases.
“It sounds a little off the wall but we hope it will attract lots of visitors to see what it’s all about.”
Ms Savill, from Guyhirn, said: “it’s a great opportunity for artists to display and sell their work in a new, inventive way.”
You may also want to watch:
The event is open from 11am-3pm. Paintings and prints, jewellery, greeting cards, bags, textiles, Christmas items, incense and herbal soaps will all be available.
To book a space, contact Mr Savage on 01354 696421 or Ms Savill on 01945 450565.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 5 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 6 Body found in Wisbech road
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens