Fenland Arts to sponsor art exhibition at March Town Hall
AN art exhibition being sponsored by Fenland Arts will be held in March next month.
Finding The Artist Within will display Fred White’s works and workshops at the town hall. He has worked with people of all ages and the exhibition will display the work produced in these workshops and the ideas that inspired them.
Fred will also include a selection of his own work as an artist, teacher and model maker. The talented artist has turned recycled packaging into a 70ft long flying dragaon, recycled tin into 40ft ogres and created a Dalek from a supermarket trolley for Children in Need.
He said: “Something amazing comes from the smallest idea; you just need to see it. I can be the catalyst to spark other people’s creativity.
“Whether it’s teaching adults to work with watercolours, children to create monsters, disadvantaged teens to paint a mural, a group with disabilities to make models, the elderly to build flower pictures, it’s all art to me.”
You may also want to watch:
Admission is free to the exhibition will will be open on June 11 and 12 from 10am-4pm.
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 5 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 6 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 7 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 8 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 9 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections