Fenland illustrator to hold exhibition at Octavia View in Wisbech
ART by a Fenland illustrator and printmaker will go on display at an exhibition next month.
Benedict Mayer, from Wisbech, a recent graduate of Norwich University College of the Arts, specialises in linocut.
He says his inspirations are drawn from the world around him - from music and poetry to mythology and colloquial sayings.
Mr Mayer said: “The organic process through which I create my illustrations, and my deep understanding of the medium, heavily informs my imagery.”
The exhibition, titled Prints 2009-2011, is supported by Fenland art organisation Atelier East.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Harvey, of Atelier East, said: “Benedict took part in our 2010 summer exhibition and we loved his work.
“We are delighted to be able to give him a solo exhibition and hope that lots of people will come along and enjoy his work.”
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
The exhibition, at Octavia View in Wisbech, runs from July 9 until August 4.
• A private view takes place on July 8 from 7-9pm. To attend, e-mail email@example.com