Fenland illustrator to hold exhibition at Octavia View in Wisbech
ART by a Fenland illustrator and printmaker will go on display at an exhibition next month.
Benedict Mayer, from Wisbech, a recent graduate of Norwich University College of the Arts, specialises in linocut.
He says his inspirations are drawn from the world around him - from music and poetry to mythology and colloquial sayings.
Mr Mayer said: “The organic process through which I create my illustrations, and my deep understanding of the medium, heavily informs my imagery.”
The exhibition, titled Prints 2009-2011, is supported by Fenland art organisation Atelier East.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Harvey, of Atelier East, said: “Benedict took part in our 2010 summer exhibition and we loved his work.
“We are delighted to be able to give him a solo exhibition and hope that lots of people will come along and enjoy his work.”
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
The exhibition, at Octavia View in Wisbech, runs from July 9 until August 4.
• A private view takes place on July 8 from 7-9pm. To attend, e-mail email@example.com