Fenland illustrator to hold exhibition at Octavia View in Wisbech
ART by a Fenland illustrator and printmaker will go on display at an exhibition next month.
Benedict Mayer, from Wisbech, a recent graduate of Norwich University College of the Arts, specialises in linocut.
He says his inspirations are drawn from the world around him - from music and poetry to mythology and colloquial sayings.
Mr Mayer said: “The organic process through which I create my illustrations, and my deep understanding of the medium, heavily informs my imagery.”
The exhibition, titled Prints 2009-2011, is supported by Fenland art organisation Atelier East.
Karen Harvey, of Atelier East, said: “Benedict took part in our 2010 summer exhibition and we loved his work.
“We are delighted to be able to give him a solo exhibition and hope that lots of people will come along and enjoy his work.”
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 6 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
The exhibition, at Octavia View in Wisbech, runs from July 9 until August 4.
• A private view takes place on July 8 from 7-9pm. To attend, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org