Fenland illustrator to hold exhibition at Octavia View in Wisbech
ART by a Fenland illustrator and printmaker will go on display at an exhibition next month.
Benedict Mayer, from Wisbech, a recent graduate of Norwich University College of the Arts, specialises in linocut.
He says his inspirations are drawn from the world around him - from music and poetry to mythology and colloquial sayings.
Mr Mayer said: “The organic process through which I create my illustrations, and my deep understanding of the medium, heavily informs my imagery.”
The exhibition, titled Prints 2009-2011, is supported by Fenland art organisation Atelier East.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Harvey, of Atelier East, said: “Benedict took part in our 2010 summer exhibition and we loved his work.
“We are delighted to be able to give him a solo exhibition and hope that lots of people will come along and enjoy his work.”
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 8 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 Woman named amongst UK’s most inspirational female entrepreneurs
The exhibition, at Octavia View in Wisbech, runs from July 9 until August 4.
• A private view takes place on July 8 from 7-9pm. To attend, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org