Fenland Midsummer Food and Craft Fair to showcase fine food and traditional crafts
- Credit: Archant
Secret Garden Touring Park, of Mile Tree Lane, Wisbech, will look to build on last year’s successful first running when it stages its second Fenland Midsummer Food and Craft Fair next month.
On June 27, from 10am to 4.30pm, more than 20 high quality producers will showcase a range of culinary delights and exquisite crafts.
Exhibitors will include Fenland Bush craft, Laddies Ice Cream, The English Spirit Distillery, Stamford Cheese and Wine, Castle Bytham Kitchen, Ooo Olive Oil Company, Bramblebee Porkers, Mile Tree Brewery, G’s Fresh, Living Willoe and Tastes of Brazil.
Alan’s Clocks, Norfolk Garden Preserves, Silver Oak Coffee, Bury Cakes and Pies, Andrew Waling Steam, Scrubby Oak Fine Foods, North Level Drainage Board, Watergull Orchards, Greenwood Craft, Photo Prints, Peterborough Guild of Spinners and Dryers and Fens Falconry will also attend.
Accompanying the food and crafts will be a Rags Dell Skiffle Band, which will take to the stage at noon.
You may also want to watch:
Mile Tree Brewery tours will be running at 10.30am, 12.30pm and 2.30pm, bush craft demonstrations are planned for 11.30am and 1.30pm and at 11am Peter Clayton will give a talk entitled Wisbech - Capital of the Fens.
An event spokesman said: “Several of the exhibitors last year commented very positively on the day saying they had met some very nice people, and had experienced good trade and interest in their products.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
“Many of them have for this year recommended other cottage industry producers of niche products who will be attending. Interesting Fenland crafts and foods will be very well represented for our second year of the show.
“This is again a fair to engage with the producers of the good products of Fenland, as such there is again no fees for exhibitors or attending public.”
For more information, call 01945 585044. Post code is PE13 4TR.