Fenland’s poets to showcase work at After Hours Live open-mic night
- Credit: Archant
Fenland’s aspiring poets will get to share their favourite readings and showcase their own work at a poetry open-mic night next Friday.
Arts group After Hours Live is hosting the night, which will also see the launch of the group’s “Little Book of Poetry”, at Octavia’s Cafe, Wisbech.
The book, which contains 21 poems and is on sale for £4, has been compiled from local poets who have appeared at After Hours Live in the past.
Performers can book a 10 minute slot at email@example.com. These will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
The organisation has a wealth of respected performers booked for this year’s After Hours Live nights, including retired Zimbabwe cricketer Henry Olonga and Christian music veterans Noel and Tricia Richards.
You may also want to watch:
The free event takes place on January 10 at 7.30pm.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 5 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 6 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000