Fenland’s sheltered housing residents set to toast Queen’s Diamond Jubilee
RESIDENTS of Fenland’s sheltered housing schemes are preparing to toast the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee with a series of street parties.
Roddons Housing Association, part of the Circle Housing Group, has organised an event for more than 100 of its residents for June 13.
All Roddons’ sheltered residents are invited, and those who want to attend will be transported to Wisbech St Mary Community Centre to enjoy traditional party food and entertainment between 2–4.30pm.
Underneath the bunting, residents will take part in a jubilee-themed quiz and enjoy a collection of old photos of the area taken by historical photographer Lilian Ream.
Several other smaller street parties are to be held for residents in individual schemes.
You may also want to watch:
Those living at Morton Avenue will start celebrating at 11.30am on June 5 (Tuesday), followed a week later, on June 12, by residents at Bradshaw Court and Springfield Avenue.
The Bradshaw Court event will take place between 2-4pm.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
Residents attending these parties will be contributing food, drinks and decorations to help make them a success.