FENLANDER: Some of shortlisted Fenland Photographer of the Year pictures go on display
FROST can be just as beautiful as snow - as this stunning photograph shows.
It was a runner-up in the Fenland Photographer of the Year competition, organised by Fenland District Council and Atelier East.
It was snapped by Chris Brudenell on the Whittlesey North Bank around this time last year.
“It was absolutely freezing and I could hardly feel my hands or feet but I think the result was worth it,” he said.
The photograph was one of nearly 300 entries to the competition and was shortlisted in the Parks, Gardens and Open Spaces category. Chris was also the winner in the Churches category.
You may also want to watch:
There were four other categories: Heritage and Culture, Outdoor Pursuits, Waterland and Fenland Market Towns.
Five shortlisted photos from each category are currently on show at Octavia View in Wisbech. Some of the best will be widely used to help attract more visitors to Fenland.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 8 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 9 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
Councillor Chris Seaton, FDC’s Deputy Leader and portfolio holder responsible for economic development, presented the awards.
He said: “The quality of many of the entries was fantastic. We’ll be using them to promote Fenland, not only in our Welcome to the Cambridgeshire Fens visitor guide and other publications but also on our website.
“Bringing in more tourists is a vital element in our plans for economic growth and these pictures help to show what an attractive place Fenland is.”
• The exhibition at Octavia View is open Monday-Saturday, 9am-5pm. It will continue until February 2.