Festival to feature dog yoga and a chance to get to Scruffts at Crufts at the East of England Arena in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
Cross bred dogs can be crowned champs and pets and owners can try yoga together in a weekend festival coming to Peterborough.
A great day out for the whole family, Just Dogs Live returns to the newly named East of England Arena and Events Centre at the East of England Showground in Peterborough on July 7, 8 and 9.
The biggest event of its kind in the region, Just Dogs Live incorporates the Championship Dog Show which is a qualifier for Crufts with the best in show crowned on Sunday.
There is also a regional heat of Scruffts, a crossbreed competition run in support of the Kennel Club Charitable Trust.
The latest Scruffts saw 1,500 hopeful hounds and their owners vying for a place in the finals, with the six successful crossbreds appearing centre stage at Scruffts, part of the Crufts extravaganza, in March.
You may also want to watch:
If you think your dog has got what it takes to dazzle the judges simply turn up on Saturday July 8 and pay £2 to enter. The proceeds go to Kennel Club charities.
The classes are: most handsome crossbreed, prettiest crossbreed bitch, child’s best friend, golden oldie crossbreed eight years or over, best crossbreed rescue.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 3 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 4 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 5 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 6 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
Around 10,000 dogs and their owners are expected at the event which includes trade stands, expert canine health and fitness advice, local and national dog welfare charities and the chance to get your dog microchipped.
Attractions include a flyball competition, agility competition, a companion dog show, displays by the Wonder Collies, the Essex Display Team and the East Anglian Staffordshire Bull Terrier display team.
• Tickets are £10 per car. Visitors can bring along their dog for an additional £2. All proceeds will be donated to dog charities. Gates open at 8am on all three days.
• Real Dog Yoga taster sessions are on Sunday July 9 and must be booked in advance. Visit the Just Dogs Live website for details.
• The event has been running since 2009. Visit justdogslive.co.uk.