Festival to feature dog yoga and a chance to get to Scruffts at Crufts at the East of England Arena in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
Cross bred dogs can be crowned champs and pets and owners can try yoga together in a weekend festival coming to Peterborough.
A great day out for the whole family, Just Dogs Live returns to the newly named East of England Arena and Events Centre at the East of England Showground in Peterborough on July 7, 8 and 9.
The biggest event of its kind in the region, Just Dogs Live incorporates the Championship Dog Show which is a qualifier for Crufts with the best in show crowned on Sunday.
There is also a regional heat of Scruffts, a crossbreed competition run in support of the Kennel Club Charitable Trust.
The latest Scruffts saw 1,500 hopeful hounds and their owners vying for a place in the finals, with the six successful crossbreds appearing centre stage at Scruffts, part of the Crufts extravaganza, in March.
You may also want to watch:
If you think your dog has got what it takes to dazzle the judges simply turn up on Saturday July 8 and pay £2 to enter. The proceeds go to Kennel Club charities.
The classes are: most handsome crossbreed, prettiest crossbreed bitch, child’s best friend, golden oldie crossbreed eight years or over, best crossbreed rescue.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 4 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
Around 10,000 dogs and their owners are expected at the event which includes trade stands, expert canine health and fitness advice, local and national dog welfare charities and the chance to get your dog microchipped.
Attractions include a flyball competition, agility competition, a companion dog show, displays by the Wonder Collies, the Essex Display Team and the East Anglian Staffordshire Bull Terrier display team.
• Tickets are £10 per car. Visitors can bring along their dog for an additional £2. All proceeds will be donated to dog charities. Gates open at 8am on all three days.
• Real Dog Yoga taster sessions are on Sunday July 9 and must be booked in advance. Visit the Just Dogs Live website for details.
• The event has been running since 2009. Visit justdogslive.co.uk.