Find out how waste is recycled at AmeyCespa activity days in Waterbeach
- Credit: Archant
Activity days will take place at a Cambridgeshire recycling centre to show families how their waste is recycled.
Practical activities will be held at AmeyCespa’s waste management park in Waterbeach on April 9-10 and April 16-17, as well as tours of the factory to see parts of the site in operation.
Children aged six and over are welcome. The activities are particularly aimed at children aged six to 12. All youngsters must be accompanied by an adult.
Sessions at the park’s education centre, run by AmeyCespa in partnership with Cambridgeshire County Council, run from 10am-noon and 2-4pm on each day and booking is essential to confirm your place.
Mark Shelton, waste education manager for AmeyCespa, said: “These sessions offer a fun and creative way for families to learn more about recycling and reuse. The activities are really hands-on, which is a great way of bringing these important messages to life.”
You may also want to watch:
Families who attend the morning activity sessions will also receive reduced entry to the Farmland Museum’s afternoon activities, based in Denny Abbey on the opposite side of the A10. Booking is not required for the Farmland Museum.
To book your place at the activity day, call 01223 815490, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 5 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road