Firework frenzy in West Norfolk
A STUNNING set of firework displays are coming to Outwell, King’s Lynn, Downham Market, Hunstanton and Swaffham.
Thousands of people are set to head to The Walks, in King’s Lynn, on Friday, for West Norfolk council’s annual Fawkes in the Walks display.
Borough Mayor Geoffrey Wareham will light the bonfire at 6.30pm, with the main firework display is scheduled to start at 8pm.
There will be funfair rides, toffee apples and live entertainment beforehand.
Radio station KLFM will be entertaining the crowds and counting down to the moment when the first firework soars into the air.
West Norfolk council cabinet member Elizabeth Nockolds said: “Fawkes in The Walks has become one of my favourite events of the year.
“It’s great to see so many families enjoying the park and having an exciting, safe bonfire night.”
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 6 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 7 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 10 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
Fawkes in The Walks is free to attend but charges may be made for other activities.
A voluntary collection will also be made on the evening to help cover the cost of the event.
Downham Market Round Table is organising its annual firework display at Ryston End, Denver, on Saturday.
More than �5,000 was raised from last year’s event and money was donated to a number of local charities in the area including schools, youth groups, Scouts, Brownies and air cadets.
This year’s show includes fairground rides, a variety of stalls and a professional firework display by White Lightning.
There is free parking and the gates open at 6pm with the display starting at 7pm. Tickets are priced at �5 for adults and �2.50 for children.
Also on Saturday night, Hunstanton Round Table will be staging its annual display on the Cliff Top car park, near the lighthouse.
Rides, refreshments and stalls will be available from 5pm, with bonfire lighting at 6pm, followed by fireworks at 7.20pm. Admission is �4 adult, �2 child/OAP, cars �10. All proceeds will go to local charities.
There will also be a display at Outwell Playing Field on Friday night (from 5.30pm), and a firework finale to the stock car meeting at the Norfolk Arena in King’s Lynn, on Saturday night.
On Sunday night, there will be a display at Swaffham Rugby Club, on the North Pickenham Road. Gates open at 5pm, the bonfire lighting takes place at 6pm, with fireworks at 7pm.
There will be a barbecue, bar and refreshments available. Tickets are �5 adults, �3 child/OAP.