Five musical acts to perform at March Town Hall for Under the Bridge 6
- Credit: Archant
Five musical acts will perform at March Town Hall as part of Under the Bridge 6 later this month.
Among the performers are German guitar duo Andre Krengel & Roland Krause, Wisbech harp guitarist Tommy Loose, guitarists Ben Smith & Jimmy Brewer, Phil Hare and Belgian songwriter and composer Mark Somers.
Event organiser Stephanie Hare said: “The idea for the Under The Bridge concerts began shortly after Phil Hare’s move to March 17 years ago.
“He wanted to bring some of the world’s finest acoustic guitarists to an intimate venue so the audience could see them up close and personal.”
The concert takes place on Saturday October 21. Doors open at 6.45pm for a 7.30pm start.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost £10 and are available from Panini’s, Market Place, March, or www.wegottickets.com or by calling 01354 651396.
ANDRE KRENGEL & ROLAND KRAUSE
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
Guitar duo from Germany combine a mixture of musical genres: with melodies and grooves from the worlds of jazz, swing, Flamenco, blues, pop & funk and Latin America. This duo they will have your feet tapping, heart racing and crying out for more.
Growing up in Wisbech to a musical family, Tommy has been surrounded by music his entire life. He started out tinkling on the piano aged four, progressed to the tuba at 11 and went onto the guitar at 13. He is now an accomplished musician and world renowned for playing the harp guitar travelling across the UK, Europe and China.
BEN SMITH & JIMMY BREWER
Chosen by Joan Armatrading to support her on her first ever solo tour, their song-writing abilities, close harmony singing and guitar style has led to comparisons to The Everly Brothers and Simon & Garfunkel.
Phil’s solo music career began almost 30 years ago and he is now highly regarded as one of the finest and most distinctive guitarists working on the UK folk music circuit. He is an accomplished and hugely entertaining performer, mixing his virtuosity on the guitar with songs highlighting his rich and husky voice.
Mark, a native of Belgium, is a songwriter and composer whose unusual and liberating guitar style embraces jazz, blues and rock. He is an established musician with associations to several high-profile jazz players including Billy Jenkins and Dave Bowie.