Three AA Rosettes for popular Prévost restaurant in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: AA Media/Archant
A Cambridgeshire restaurant has received three AA Rosettes.
Lee Clarke, head chef at Prévost @ Haycock Manor, Wansford, has said that he is "over the moon" to have received the AA Rosettes, which he says could not have been achieved without the hard work of his team.
Prévost is one of just 15 restaurants throughout the country to have received three AA Rosettes in the March 2022 awards.
Chef Clarke said: "The award shows that we are headed along the right path.
"It's nice to pick up an award from such a respected organisation.
"I think the biggest thing is that we have got recognition for the team."
Prévost was previously a restaurant in Priestgate, Peterborough, but the team relocated to the Haycock Manor Hotel in Wansford in 2021.
Chef Clarke said that he could not have completed the move without his colleagues.
He said: "I am so pleased."
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 9 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 10 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
The restaurant earned recognition in the awards for its polished, attentive service.
The AA inspector said: "Prévost @ Haycock Manor Hotel is a bright space with lots of glass including large, modern chandeliers housed in metal bird cages.
"There are also two massive standing birdcages you can sit inside.
"The flooring is dark wood while chairs are brightly upholstered. Service is polished and attentive, and the chefs actually deliver the food to the table and explain each dish.
"Start with caramelised onion and croutons with a light whey topping, or tender scallop with deboned chicken wings and a cos lettuce puree.
"Follow with duck with blackberries, baby turnip and steamed brioche.
"A sweet ending is provided by Stilton and pear tart on a truffle puree."
The AA has awarded rosettes to top restaurants since 1956.
Before being awarded an AA Rosette, restaurants will receive a meal visit from an anonymous inspector.
As well as 15 three-rosette winners in the March 2022 awards, there were two restaurants which received four rosettes.
These were Ácléaf in Plymouth and Allium in Askham, Cumbria.
Simon Numphud, AA Media managing director, praised the winners.
He said: "Congratulations to all those working at these establishments, who continue to show the breadth and quality of the British culinary landscape."