£1m upgrade to revolutionise way hotel guests ‘interact’
- Credit: Holiday Inn
The Holiday Inn at Impington, Cambridge has unveiled a £1million refurbishment to showcase a new open lobby concept on the ground floor.
The hotel believes it will “revolutionise the way guests live and interact” whilst there.
The traditionally separate zones of a reception, lobby, bar, lounge, restaurant and business centre have been merged into one cohesive ‘open lobby’ space.
Key features include free high-speed Wi-Fi, a ‘To Go’ Café where food and drinks are available 24/7 and a versatile dining space with a range of seating from booths to high and low tables.
There is also a living-room style media lounge with comfy seating, games, magazines and TV and an E-Bar where guests can plug-in with lots of power points, a wireless printer and more.
General manager Robin Hutton said: “I’m confident the open lobby will become a new hotspot for local Cambridge residents and networking groups to meet up, or just drop in for a Starbucks coffee at our new round-the-clock café.”
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday