Football, music and entertainment in a day with Dion Dublin at Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Retired Premier League footballer Dion Dublin is hosting a day of music, football and entertainment to raise money for the Prince’s Trust.
Dion has been an ambassador for the charity for 20 years and is hosting the entertainment at the University Arms in Cambridge as part of a tour of fund raising events across the country.
He said: “The aim is to raise valuable funds for the Trust and in turn help more young people make a better life for themselves.”
Since being a player at Cambridge United in his early days Dion has always held the club and people of Cambridge close to his heart and when putting together
the tour was determined to have a Cambridge date.
Included in the ticket price is the opportunity to watch the World Cup quarter finals being played on that day with a question and answer sessions together with pre and post match analysis.
There is music from the world renowned guitarist Jon Gomm, indie band The Establishment, the Birmingham Community Gospel Choir and Picante - a collaboration of some of the best musicians from television, radio and live music circuit at present. Three are part of the Jools Holland Orchestra including the voice of Louise Marshall. Not to mention Frank Tontoh, Derek Nash, Neville Malcolm and Mike Gorman.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 3 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 4 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 5 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 6 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
Doors open at 1pm with the first band, Picante on stage at 2pm followed by the Gospel Choir, Jon Gomm and The Establishment. This format will continue throughout the evening so he’s giving you two chances to see the best in the business.
To book your tickets contact Claire Ritchie on 07889 853771 or on email email@example.com.