Football, music and entertainment in a day with Dion Dublin at Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Retired Premier League footballer Dion Dublin is hosting a day of music, football and entertainment to raise money for the Prince’s Trust.
Dion has been an ambassador for the charity for 20 years and is hosting the entertainment at the University Arms in Cambridge as part of a tour of fund raising events across the country.
He said: “The aim is to raise valuable funds for the Trust and in turn help more young people make a better life for themselves.”
Since being a player at Cambridge United in his early days Dion has always held the club and people of Cambridge close to his heart and when putting together
the tour was determined to have a Cambridge date.
You may also want to watch:
Included in the ticket price is the opportunity to watch the World Cup quarter finals being played on that day with a question and answer sessions together with pre and post match analysis.
There is music from the world renowned guitarist Jon Gomm, indie band The Establishment, the Birmingham Community Gospel Choir and Picante - a collaboration of some of the best musicians from television, radio and live music circuit at present. Three are part of the Jools Holland Orchestra including the voice of Louise Marshall. Not to mention Frank Tontoh, Derek Nash, Neville Malcolm and Mike Gorman.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
Doors open at 1pm with the first band, Picante on stage at 2pm followed by the Gospel Choir, Jon Gomm and The Establishment. This format will continue throughout the evening so he’s giving you two chances to see the best in the business.
To book your tickets contact Claire Ritchie on 07889 853771 or on email firstname.lastname@example.org.