Frankie Dettori, world class jockey, coming to Ely
- Credit: Supplied by Toppings
Champion jockey Frankie Dettori will be speaking about his new book of memoirs at an event in Ely this autumn.
The evening will be held at Ely Cathedral on October 26 from 7:30pm.
The book, titled a Leap of Faith, is released at the end of October and goes back to when Lanfranco ‘Frankie’ Dettori first arrived on British shores in 1985 aged 14.
He couldn’t speak any English and had already left school – but followed in his father's footsteps and was keen to become a stable boy and apprentice jockey.
Almost 25 years later and winner of the Longines World's Best Jockey for three consecutive years, he reflects on his career and personal life in the book.
You may also want to watch:
Leap of Faith has been described as “heartfelt and poignant” and is also said to celebrate “perseverance and defying the odds”.
The event at Ely Cathedral is being hosted by Toppings, Ely. Tickets are available on the events area of its website.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 7 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 8 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000