Free music recitals at St Peter’s Church in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
An afternoon of free recitals takes place at St Peter’s Church in Wisbech as part of the town’s Arts Festival.
The recitals are from 2.15pm to 5.15pm on Sunday May 25.
This will take the form of a Grand Promenade Concert with visitors able to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere of the church or sit and listen to the music.
The Promenade Concert will feature Geoff Naylor, (Violin), John Barker, (Trumpet) and the Clarkson Singers led by their director of music Loc-Mai Yuen Brooker.
Throughout the afternoon tea and coffee will be available in the church and there will be a chance to see artwork by children from local schools as part of the St Peter’s Lodge Arts Project.
You may also want to watch:
At 5.15pm there will be a welcome return of organist Roger High to lead the choir and congregation in the Arts Festival Songs of Praise which is open to people of all denominations and none. During this service there will be solos and some favourite hymns.
Finally at 6pm in the presence of the Deputy Mayor and Town Beadle there will be the Arts Festival closing ceremony.
- 1 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 5 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 6 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 9 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 10 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
There will be another opportunity to hear John Barker’s virtuoso trumpet playing on the Centenary Green at the Octavia Hill Birthplace House from 1pm on May 25 as part of the Birthplace House free open afternoon.
Further details of all the Arts Festival activities are available from the Octavia Hill Birthplace House on 01945 476358.