Free music recitals at St Peter’s Church in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
An afternoon of free recitals takes place at St Peter’s Church in Wisbech as part of the town’s Arts Festival.
The recitals are from 2.15pm to 5.15pm on Sunday May 25.
This will take the form of a Grand Promenade Concert with visitors able to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere of the church or sit and listen to the music.
The Promenade Concert will feature Geoff Naylor, (Violin), John Barker, (Trumpet) and the Clarkson Singers led by their director of music Loc-Mai Yuen Brooker.
Throughout the afternoon tea and coffee will be available in the church and there will be a chance to see artwork by children from local schools as part of the St Peter’s Lodge Arts Project.
You may also want to watch:
At 5.15pm there will be a welcome return of organist Roger High to lead the choir and congregation in the Arts Festival Songs of Praise which is open to people of all denominations and none. During this service there will be solos and some favourite hymns.
Finally at 6pm in the presence of the Deputy Mayor and Town Beadle there will be the Arts Festival closing ceremony.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
There will be another opportunity to hear John Barker’s virtuoso trumpet playing on the Centenary Green at the Octavia Hill Birthplace House from 1pm on May 25 as part of the Birthplace House free open afternoon.
Further details of all the Arts Festival activities are available from the Octavia Hill Birthplace House on 01945 476358.