Free ride on the Nene Valley Railway on offer as part of volunteer taster day
- Credit: Archant
Get involved, make friends, enjoy the fresh air and exercise - all this and steam trains - what more could you want?
The Nene Valley Railway is looking for volunteers to help to improve the railway infrastructure, and so has organised a volunteer taster day for Saturday, November 23, from 11am.
During the event at Wansford station near Peterborough, the civil engineering department will tell potential helpers about trackwork, signalling, bridges, stations and buildings.
A spokesman said: “We will explain how you might become involved. It does not matter if you know very little about railways, we can teach you.”
After the information session, everyone will be treated to a free train ride in the civil engineering department’s TASC Machine (see photo) to Yarwell, through Wansford Tunnel.
To reserve your place, give a call on 01780 784444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you fancy being a part of the railway, but cannot attend on Saturday, please call and another meeting can be arranged with the volunteer civil engineers.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 6 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday