Free ride on the Nene Valley Railway on offer as part of volunteer taster day
- Credit: Archant
Get involved, make friends, enjoy the fresh air and exercise - all this and steam trains - what more could you want?
The Nene Valley Railway is looking for volunteers to help to improve the railway infrastructure, and so has organised a volunteer taster day for Saturday, November 23, from 11am.
During the event at Wansford station near Peterborough, the civil engineering department will tell potential helpers about trackwork, signalling, bridges, stations and buildings.
A spokesman said: “We will explain how you might become involved. It does not matter if you know very little about railways, we can teach you.”
After the information session, everyone will be treated to a free train ride in the civil engineering department’s TASC Machine (see photo) to Yarwell, through Wansford Tunnel.
You may also want to watch:
To reserve your place, give a call on 01780 784444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you fancy being a part of the railway, but cannot attend on Saturday, please call and another meeting can be arranged with the volunteer civil engineers.
- 1 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 2 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 3 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 4 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 5 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 6 BBC’s Johnny Dee all smiles at surprise market place birthday bash
- 7 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action