Free ride on the Nene Valley Railway on offer as part of volunteer taster day
- Credit: Archant
Get involved, make friends, enjoy the fresh air and exercise - all this and steam trains - what more could you want?
The Nene Valley Railway is looking for volunteers to help to improve the railway infrastructure, and so has organised a volunteer taster day for Saturday, November 23, from 11am.
During the event at Wansford station near Peterborough, the civil engineering department will tell potential helpers about trackwork, signalling, bridges, stations and buildings.
A spokesman said: “We will explain how you might become involved. It does not matter if you know very little about railways, we can teach you.”
After the information session, everyone will be treated to a free train ride in the civil engineering department’s TASC Machine (see photo) to Yarwell, through Wansford Tunnel.
You may also want to watch:
To reserve your place, give a call on 01780 784444 or email email@example.com
If you fancy being a part of the railway, but cannot attend on Saturday, please call and another meeting can be arranged with the volunteer civil engineers.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years