Free ride on the Nene Valley Railway on offer as part of volunteer taster day
- Credit: Archant
Get involved, make friends, enjoy the fresh air and exercise - all this and steam trains - what more could you want?
The Nene Valley Railway is looking for volunteers to help to improve the railway infrastructure, and so has organised a volunteer taster day for Saturday, November 23, from 11am.
During the event at Wansford station near Peterborough, the civil engineering department will tell potential helpers about trackwork, signalling, bridges, stations and buildings.
A spokesman said: “We will explain how you might become involved. It does not matter if you know very little about railways, we can teach you.”
After the information session, everyone will be treated to a free train ride in the civil engineering department’s TASC Machine (see photo) to Yarwell, through Wansford Tunnel.
You may also want to watch:
To reserve your place, give a call on 01780 784444 or email email@example.com
If you fancy being a part of the railway, but cannot attend on Saturday, please call and another meeting can be arranged with the volunteer civil engineers.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled