Free summer holiday fun for young people at Turves, Coates, Eastrea, Whittlesey and Pondersbridge.
- Credit: Archant
Young people can take part in a range of free summer activities ranging from boxercise to DJ workshops thanks to a new summer youth programme for the Whittlesey area.
The fun kicked off in Turves at the Three Horsehoes Inn with zumba and boxercise classes and a picnic.
Forthcoming events take place in Coates, Eastrea, Whittlesey and Pondersbridge.
Youth development co-ordinator Julie Gunn said the activities had been staged thanks to funding from the Burnthouse wind farm community funding money pot.
“The events are new for this year but we hope they will go down well so that we can run it again next year. The first event was brilliant and I hope the rest will be just as popular.”
You may also want to watch:
Young people aged 10-19 are able to join in the fun for free and just need to book their place by calling 07935-356893.
Some events can provide free transport.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 7 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
Coming up are
Tuesday August 5 Three Horsehoes, Turves. 11-2pm. Picnic, street dance art workshop and litter pick
Wednesday August 6 Coates village green. 11-2pm. Picnic, street dance art workshop and litter pick
Thursday August 7 Eastrea village green. 11-2pm. Picnic, street dance art workshop and litter pick
Tuesday August 15 Whittlesey Leisure Centre 4-6pm and 6-8pm. Games, chips and youth club
Wednesday August 16 Whittlesey Youth Centre. 12-3pm. Open event
Monday August 18 Pondersbridge. 11-3pm. Wildlife garden
Tuesday August 19 Three Horsehoes, Turves. 11-2pm. Picnic, zumba and boxercise
Wednesday August 20 Coates village green. 11-1pm Picnic, zumba and boxercise
Wednesday August 20 Whittlesey youth club. 1-3pm Picnic, zumba and boxercise
Wednesday August 20 The Manor. 12-1pm. BBQ, DJ and lighting workshop and litter pick
Wednesday August 20 Whittlesey youth club. 1-3pm. BBQ, DJ and lighting workshop and litter pick
Thursday August 21 Eastrea village green. 11-2pm. Picnic, zumba and boxercise
Tuesday August 26 Whittlesey youth club. 12-3pm Moving on drop in
For details and to book in call 07935-356893.