Free summer holiday fun for young people at Turves, Coates, Eastrea, Whittlesey and Pondersbridge.
- Credit: Archant
Young people can take part in a range of free summer activities ranging from boxercise to DJ workshops thanks to a new summer youth programme for the Whittlesey area.
The fun kicked off in Turves at the Three Horsehoes Inn with zumba and boxercise classes and a picnic.
Forthcoming events take place in Coates, Eastrea, Whittlesey and Pondersbridge.
Youth development co-ordinator Julie Gunn said the activities had been staged thanks to funding from the Burnthouse wind farm community funding money pot.
“The events are new for this year but we hope they will go down well so that we can run it again next year. The first event was brilliant and I hope the rest will be just as popular.”
You may also want to watch:
Young people aged 10-19 are able to join in the fun for free and just need to book their place by calling 07935-356893.
Some events can provide free transport.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
Coming up are
Tuesday August 5 Three Horsehoes, Turves. 11-2pm. Picnic, street dance art workshop and litter pick
Wednesday August 6 Coates village green. 11-2pm. Picnic, street dance art workshop and litter pick
Thursday August 7 Eastrea village green. 11-2pm. Picnic, street dance art workshop and litter pick
Tuesday August 15 Whittlesey Leisure Centre 4-6pm and 6-8pm. Games, chips and youth club
Wednesday August 16 Whittlesey Youth Centre. 12-3pm. Open event
Monday August 18 Pondersbridge. 11-3pm. Wildlife garden
Tuesday August 19 Three Horsehoes, Turves. 11-2pm. Picnic, zumba and boxercise
Wednesday August 20 Coates village green. 11-1pm Picnic, zumba and boxercise
Wednesday August 20 Whittlesey youth club. 1-3pm Picnic, zumba and boxercise
Wednesday August 20 The Manor. 12-1pm. BBQ, DJ and lighting workshop and litter pick
Wednesday August 20 Whittlesey youth club. 1-3pm. BBQ, DJ and lighting workshop and litter pick
Thursday August 21 Eastrea village green. 11-2pm. Picnic, zumba and boxercise
Tuesday August 26 Whittlesey youth club. 12-3pm Moving on drop in
For details and to book in call 07935-356893.