Free tickets up for grabs as violinist Simon Smith gets set to perform with Norfolk Symphony Orchestra at King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Celebrated violinist Simon Smith will take centre stage when Norfolk Symphony Orchestra presents Elgar, Brahms and Dvorak on Saturday May 16 at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange.
Elgar’s Froissart Overture starts the evening followed by Brahms’ violin concerto with Simon, who has performed as a soloist with Academy of St Martin’s in the Fields, The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic the Orchestra of St John’s Smith Square.
Dvorak’s 7th Symphony will be the focus of the second half, a symphony written in response to Brahms’ demand that he write a good German Symphony.
The first movement has a dark and foreboding first theme, it’s second - lyrical and pastoral - is considered one of Dvo?ák’s finest works, and the heart of the symphony.
Once again, the orchestra are offering 100 free tickets to young concert goers aged under 18.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £16. Call the King’s Lynn Corn Exchange box office on 01553 764864. The concert is at 7.30pm.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 5 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 6 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 10 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery