Free tickets up for grabs as violinist Simon Smith gets set to perform with Norfolk Symphony Orchestra at King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Celebrated violinist Simon Smith will take centre stage when Norfolk Symphony Orchestra presents Elgar, Brahms and Dvorak on Saturday May 16 at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange.
Elgar’s Froissart Overture starts the evening followed by Brahms’ violin concerto with Simon, who has performed as a soloist with Academy of St Martin’s in the Fields, The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic the Orchestra of St John’s Smith Square.
Dvorak’s 7th Symphony will be the focus of the second half, a symphony written in response to Brahms’ demand that he write a good German Symphony.
The first movement has a dark and foreboding first theme, it’s second - lyrical and pastoral - is considered one of Dvo?ák’s finest works, and the heart of the symphony.
Once again, the orchestra are offering 100 free tickets to young concert goers aged under 18.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £16. Call the King’s Lynn Corn Exchange box office on 01553 764864. The concert is at 7.30pm.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 5 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim