Free tickets up for grabs as violinist Simon Smith gets set to perform with Norfolk Symphony Orchestra at King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Celebrated violinist Simon Smith will take centre stage when Norfolk Symphony Orchestra presents Elgar, Brahms and Dvorak on Saturday May 16 at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange.
Elgar’s Froissart Overture starts the evening followed by Brahms’ violin concerto with Simon, who has performed as a soloist with Academy of St Martin’s in the Fields, The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic the Orchestra of St John’s Smith Square.
Dvorak’s 7th Symphony will be the focus of the second half, a symphony written in response to Brahms’ demand that he write a good German Symphony.
The first movement has a dark and foreboding first theme, it’s second - lyrical and pastoral - is considered one of Dvo?ák’s finest works, and the heart of the symphony.
Once again, the orchestra are offering 100 free tickets to young concert goers aged under 18.
Tickets are £16. Call the King’s Lynn Corn Exchange box office on 01553 764864. The concert is at 7.30pm.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 9 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home