Free tickets up for grabs as violinist Simon Smith gets set to perform with Norfolk Symphony Orchestra at King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Celebrated violinist Simon Smith will take centre stage when Norfolk Symphony Orchestra presents Elgar, Brahms and Dvorak on Saturday May 16 at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange.
Elgar’s Froissart Overture starts the evening followed by Brahms’ violin concerto with Simon, who has performed as a soloist with Academy of St Martin’s in the Fields, The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic the Orchestra of St John’s Smith Square.
Dvorak’s 7th Symphony will be the focus of the second half, a symphony written in response to Brahms’ demand that he write a good German Symphony.
The first movement has a dark and foreboding first theme, it’s second - lyrical and pastoral - is considered one of Dvo?ák’s finest works, and the heart of the symphony.
Once again, the orchestra are offering 100 free tickets to young concert goers aged under 18.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £16. Call the King’s Lynn Corn Exchange box office on 01553 764864. The concert is at 7.30pm.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 9 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 10 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip