Fun and music with world class banjo player Sean Moyses at The Angles, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Local banjo player Sean Moyses will be performing his one man show Banjo World at the Angles Theatre, Wisbech this month.
The show is on Friday May 22 at 7.30pm.
He is not a stranger to the Angles and performed there with both his Moyses Family Band and his Jazz Band in the 1980’s.
He spent the next thirty years travelling the world with his music and has performed across Europe, America and as far away as Japan.
“Performing in my home town for local people is a pleasure,” said Sean.
You may also want to watch:
A virtuoso player, he is regarded as among the world’s best plectrum banjo players, has recorded more than a dozen solo albums and appeared with some of the most famous names in the jazz world including Acker Bilk, Kenny Ball and The Pasadena Roof Orchestra with whom one of his crowning achievements was to play Brahm’s Hungarian Dance at the Munich Opera House.
“Banjo World is the music of the 1920’s and 30’s, George Formby, The Temperance Seven, Shep’s Banjo Boys and The Pasadena Roof Orchestra, mixed in a pot and a bit of gentle humour for good measure,” said Sean.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
“It is totally unique, quirky and an engaging show. It promises top notch world class virtuoso musicianship and easy going entertainment, delivered with precision, smiles and a style that is seldom seen today.”
Expect the un-expected at the Angles with Brahms on the banjo, duelling banjos (duelled alone!) romantic songs, funny songs, rip-roaring solos, gentle picking and stories about 1920’s flapper girls and little ukuleles.
For tickets and reservations call the Angles box office on 01945 474447.