Fun for the family at Manea gala
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Manea Gala is set be a great day and evening out as preparations get fully underway.
The celebrations will begin at 11am as the parade floats gather at Manea Primary School on July 12 with the parade beginning its tour of the village at 11.30am.
The parade will be attended by Gala Queen Lucy Johns and Head Prince Ruari Cox along with the other Gala princes and princesses, chosen in a competition run earlier this year.
The gala will officially open at 1pm at the Memorial Playing Field where stalls and activities will be set up for the public to enjoy throughout the day.
There will be performances from groups including Cambridgeshire Caledonian Pipe Band and Dance Mania and displays of cars and motorbikes around the field.
You may also want to watch:
The field will also have fairground attractions and rides for younger children as well as an archery activity.
This year’s chosen charity is Magpas, supporting the local air ambulance service. Proceedings from the gala sales will go towards the charity which will also have a stall in the field for people to visit and find out more about the charity.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
For more information about this year’s event or to book a stall, visit www.maneagala.co.uk or contact this year’s Chairman, Mr Kevin Keil, on 01354 680061 or email@example.com.