Fun for the family at Manea gala
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Manea Gala is set be a great day and evening out as preparations get fully underway.
The celebrations will begin at 11am as the parade floats gather at Manea Primary School on July 12 with the parade beginning its tour of the village at 11.30am.
The parade will be attended by Gala Queen Lucy Johns and Head Prince Ruari Cox along with the other Gala princes and princesses, chosen in a competition run earlier this year.
The gala will officially open at 1pm at the Memorial Playing Field where stalls and activities will be set up for the public to enjoy throughout the day.
There will be performances from groups including Cambridgeshire Caledonian Pipe Band and Dance Mania and displays of cars and motorbikes around the field.
You may also want to watch:
The field will also have fairground attractions and rides for younger children as well as an archery activity.
This year’s chosen charity is Magpas, supporting the local air ambulance service. Proceedings from the gala sales will go towards the charity which will also have a stall in the field for people to visit and find out more about the charity.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 3 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 4 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 5 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 6 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 9 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 10 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
For more information about this year’s event or to book a stall, visit www.maneagala.co.uk or contact this year’s Chairman, Mr Kevin Keil, on 01354 680061 or email@example.com.