Fun for the family at Manea gala
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Manea Gala is set be a great day and evening out as preparations get fully underway.
The celebrations will begin at 11am as the parade floats gather at Manea Primary School on July 12 with the parade beginning its tour of the village at 11.30am.
The parade will be attended by Gala Queen Lucy Johns and Head Prince Ruari Cox along with the other Gala princes and princesses, chosen in a competition run earlier this year.
The gala will officially open at 1pm at the Memorial Playing Field where stalls and activities will be set up for the public to enjoy throughout the day.
There will be performances from groups including Cambridgeshire Caledonian Pipe Band and Dance Mania and displays of cars and motorbikes around the field.
The field will also have fairground attractions and rides for younger children as well as an archery activity.
This year’s chosen charity is Magpas, supporting the local air ambulance service. Proceedings from the gala sales will go towards the charity which will also have a stall in the field for people to visit and find out more about the charity.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 3 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 4 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 8 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 9 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
For more information about this year’s event or to book a stall, visit www.maneagala.co.uk or contact this year’s Chairman, Mr Kevin Keil, on 01354 680061 or email@example.com.