Funhouse Comedy Club launches in Whittlesey with Craig Murray the headline act
FUNHOUSE Comedy Club, which runs successful nights at various venues across the country, launches its new night at the Falcon Hotel in Whittlesey next month.
Headlining the launch night on March 3 is charming Northerner Craig Murray, whose charismatic, mock-confrontational style and ability to captivate audiences make him a crowd pleaser.
Using his energy and confidence, he combines audience observations and hilarious tales to keep the crowd wanting for more.
Support comes from the energetic and satirical Geoff Norcott. He delivers an eclectic mix of dark material, impressions and politics with a confident smile and optimism.
Completing the line-up will be Chris Turner, a finalist in last year’s BBC New Comedy Award. Using intelligent wordplay and dark jokes to deliver his one-liners, he keeps the audience enthralled with his timing and wit.
The bubbly and bright Carly Smallman will be compere for the night.
Funhouse Comedy Clubs have twice won Best Midlands Comedy Club awards with leading comedy website Chortle - and it has now expanding into the Fens.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 8 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 9 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 10 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
Previous well-known acts to have played its clubs on their road to fame and fortune include Sarah Millican, Russell Kane, Jack Whitehall and Rhod Gilbert.
• Doors open at 7.30pm and the show starts at 8.30pm. Tickets cost �10 in advance and can be booked by visiting www.funhousecomedy.co.uk