Funhouse Comedy Club launches in Whittlesey with Craig Murray the headline act
FUNHOUSE Comedy Club, which runs successful nights at various venues across the country, launches its new night at the Falcon Hotel in Whittlesey next month.
Headlining the launch night on March 3 is charming Northerner Craig Murray, whose charismatic, mock-confrontational style and ability to captivate audiences make him a crowd pleaser.
Using his energy and confidence, he combines audience observations and hilarious tales to keep the crowd wanting for more.
Support comes from the energetic and satirical Geoff Norcott. He delivers an eclectic mix of dark material, impressions and politics with a confident smile and optimism.
Completing the line-up will be Chris Turner, a finalist in last year’s BBC New Comedy Award. Using intelligent wordplay and dark jokes to deliver his one-liners, he keeps the audience enthralled with his timing and wit.
You may also want to watch:
The bubbly and bright Carly Smallman will be compere for the night.
Funhouse Comedy Clubs have twice won Best Midlands Comedy Club awards with leading comedy website Chortle - and it has now expanding into the Fens.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
Previous well-known acts to have played its clubs on their road to fame and fortune include Sarah Millican, Russell Kane, Jack Whitehall and Rhod Gilbert.
• Doors open at 7.30pm and the show starts at 8.30pm. Tickets cost �10 in advance and can be booked by visiting www.funhousecomedy.co.uk