GALLERY: All the action from today’s raft race mark the start of gala weekend for Outwell
- Credit: Archant
Gala fever got under way in Outwell today with events this weekend including a raft race, It’s a Knockout competition and family entertainment.
The event, organised by Outwell Village Hall Committee, kicked off ith a raft race on the Basin, starting at the Crown Lodge Hotel at 1pm. Teams of four for adults and six for juniors wereinvited to enter the raft race.
On Sunday there will be a fun day at the village playing field from noon-5pm with an It’s a Knockout style competition for adult and junior teams.
There will also be sideshows, games and craft stalls, car boot stalls, bouncy castles, a barbecue and licensed bar.
Entry for the It’s a Knockout competitions is free, as is admission to the fun day.
You may also want to watch:
Inquiries visit www.outwellvillage.co.uk or contact Paul on 07977 946640 or 01945 772991.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack