GALLERY: Bob Dylan’s paintings on display at Castle Fine Art Cambridge gallery
- Credit: Archant
A collection of Bob Dylan’s paintings are on display at a Cambridge gallery.
Dylan’s The Drawn Blank Series, based on drawings made by Dylan while on the road from 1989 to 1992, take pride of place at Castle Fine Art in the Grand Arcade.
Eight limited edition graphics from the series, which was first released in 2008, will be unveiled.
Anna Bligh, Castle Galleries, Cambridge’s gallery manager, said: “It is an honour to have The Drawn Blank Series 2014 on display at Castle Galleries, Cambridge.
“Bob Dylan is notably one of the most influential icons of our time. The way in which he uses colour is incomparable to any other artist.
You may also want to watch:
“He instantly breathes emotion and feeling into a painting, similar to how he can sing a song in a different style and change how the listener interprets it. We can’t wait to share this new collection with the area.”
Only 295 limited edition graphics of each painting have been created - and each of the works are certificated and personally signed by Bob Dylan. The prints are priced from £1,750.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 Animal firm 'left behind' in bid to stay afloat during pandemic
The Drawn Blank Series 2014 is now on sale at Castle Galleries, Cambridge. For more information call 01223 307 402 or visit www.castlegalleries.com.