GALLERY: Bob Dylan’s paintings on display at Castle Fine Art Cambridge gallery
- Credit: Archant
A collection of Bob Dylan’s paintings are on display at a Cambridge gallery.
Dylan’s The Drawn Blank Series, based on drawings made by Dylan while on the road from 1989 to 1992, take pride of place at Castle Fine Art in the Grand Arcade.
Eight limited edition graphics from the series, which was first released in 2008, will be unveiled.
Anna Bligh, Castle Galleries, Cambridge’s gallery manager, said: “It is an honour to have The Drawn Blank Series 2014 on display at Castle Galleries, Cambridge.
“Bob Dylan is notably one of the most influential icons of our time. The way in which he uses colour is incomparable to any other artist.
“He instantly breathes emotion and feeling into a painting, similar to how he can sing a song in a different style and change how the listener interprets it. We can’t wait to share this new collection with the area.”
Only 295 limited edition graphics of each painting have been created - and each of the works are certificated and personally signed by Bob Dylan. The prints are priced from £1,750.
- 1 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 2 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 3 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 4 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 5 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 6 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 7 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 8 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 9 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 10 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
The Drawn Blank Series 2014 is now on sale at Castle Galleries, Cambridge. For more information call 01223 307 402 or visit www.castlegalleries.com.