GALLERY: Bob Dylan’s paintings on display at Castle Fine Art Cambridge gallery
- Credit: Archant
A collection of Bob Dylan’s paintings are on display at a Cambridge gallery.
Dylan’s The Drawn Blank Series, based on drawings made by Dylan while on the road from 1989 to 1992, take pride of place at Castle Fine Art in the Grand Arcade.
Eight limited edition graphics from the series, which was first released in 2008, will be unveiled.
Anna Bligh, Castle Galleries, Cambridge’s gallery manager, said: “It is an honour to have The Drawn Blank Series 2014 on display at Castle Galleries, Cambridge.
“Bob Dylan is notably one of the most influential icons of our time. The way in which he uses colour is incomparable to any other artist.
You may also want to watch:
“He instantly breathes emotion and feeling into a painting, similar to how he can sing a song in a different style and change how the listener interprets it. We can’t wait to share this new collection with the area.”
Only 295 limited edition graphics of each painting have been created - and each of the works are certificated and personally signed by Bob Dylan. The prints are priced from £1,750.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
The Drawn Blank Series 2014 is now on sale at Castle Galleries, Cambridge. For more information call 01223 307 402 or visit www.castlegalleries.com.